Allies or Enemies?

Flashback

I was standing on the deck of the american aircraft carrier, still in shock.

I had just killed Adler. It was self defence, but who's gonna believe me? The CIA would want my head and there was nowhere for me to run. This was the end.

No one seemed to notice me, as they all either cheered for the heroes who saved the world or took care of the wounded. But then I saw her.

Park.

She was standing there one the deck amidst the chaos and stared right at me, her eyes piercing into my soul. She knew what happened, somehow she just knew it. Park walked over and grabbed me by the hand without saying anything as she lead me inside the ship. Since I saw no other option, I followed her like a good little school boy.

We entered her room and she pushed me inside her locker. Then she spoke, her voice all serious. "Stay in here and don't make a fucking noice. We'll wait until darkness and then I'll get you out of here." 

I was confused. "Why are you... helping me?"

"Because I owe you, remember? That rooftop in Havana?"

"Of course, but I just killed...."

"I know. Adler told me what he was going to do once the mission was over." she confessed to me. "I will prepare an escape for you."

I didn't trust this woman, not anymore. But she was my only hope of getting out of here alive, so I nodded. "Alright. I'll wait."

"Good. Hang in there." Park said and closed the locker. It was tight in here, but I managed to sit down and I waited, fearing that the locker would be opened up anytime by a soldier, ready to arrest me.

But nothing happened. The hours went by and nobody came.

Finally, I heard the door to the cabin being opened and someone knocking on the locker door, before opening it. It's Park. "Bell, are you ready?"

I nodded. We sneaked out of the cabin and into the hangar, avoiding the guards along the way. The hangar was abandoned, as the sailors were probably all partying. Parks lead me to an opening in the ships hull where a dinghy was practically waiting for me. "Get in." she told me.

I board the dinghy and Park gave me a compass, a silenced M1911, a US army knife and several fake passports that she hid in her jacket. "There, use them if you have to."

After checking the pistol, I stuffed the items away and got ready for departure. There was a thick fog that night, perfect for an escape.

"The norwegian coast is about eight miles to the southeast. I... I..." she said me, a weak smile on her face. "I really wish it didn't have to be this way."

I sighed. "Yeah... me too. Say, the MI6 wouldn't grand me asylum, would they?"

Parks seemed surprised by my question. "I thought you wanted to leave?"

I shrugged. "Sure, but a life on the run isn't really a life, is it?"

"MI6 won't risk their special relationship with their US counterparts, we already had a smiliar case before. But don't worry, I will do everything I can to get them off your track."

"Well it was worth a shot. But let's not waste anymore time, yeah?"

She nodded. "Right." Park put her hand on the lever and was about to lower me and the boat when she looked back at me. "Bell, I'm sorry. I know you will never forgive me, but I still want you to know I'm sorry."