Prologue

"Arctic air. Clears the head, doesn't it?"

"Indeed."

"Bell, you made two extraodinary sacrifices to stop Perseus. One was without your knowledge. The other...you made that descision on your own accord."

"Of course, I couldn't let him kill millions of innocent people. But...why have you brought me out here?"

"I just want to let you know that this little thing that's happened with you and me...It was always for the greater good. You're a goddam hero, you know that kid?"

"Thanks, but we're all heroes. You, me, Park, Sims, Mason, Woods...and Lazar. It's a shame that only few will know what we did. Guess not all heroes get to be famous.

"Heroes have to make sacrifices. That's why when I ask you for one more, I hope you understand..."

"Understand wha...oh no. Please don't do this, just don't do this..."

"...it was never personal."

"Don't try it!"

PENG

PENG

Leon "Bell" Ivanov, former Perseus agent, Ex-CIA

Dubrovik, Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

July 9th, 1981

I wake up from another nightmare. "Fucking hell."

The sun is already up, so I stand up and pull the curtains aside. The sun feels warm on my skin and the smell of seawater and the sound of gulls are always welcome. They let me forget the world of a moment. And the view...magnificant.

Dubrovik is truly a beautiful city.

The clock says 9:00 am. Better get dressed and head to work. I open my wardrobe and take out my suit. I can't help but stare at a box at the bottom which contains the clothes and gear I had on me when I arrived.

"No...that life is behind me." I think to myself, dress up and leave my flat.

Helen Park helped me escape after I was forced to kill Adler. She gave me a fake passport and money. Perhaps she felt guilty that she helped to brainwash me. Maybe it was a thank you for rescuing her on that rooftop in Havana. Who knows?

It's a shame I had to leave. I actually liked her.

Ever since then, I began to remember more and more about my past and now I've been living in Dubrovik  for about four months now and working as a tourist guide. My language skills from my time at Perseus and the CIA come in handy. Turns out I speak fluent russian, english, french, german and spanish.

Now, as a former spy, working with so many different people from so many different countries seems like a risky move as a former spy. But that's the thing: Everyone would suspect you would go into hiding, not showing tourists around town.

The day is pretty uneventful. After showing a group of british tourists around, I stop by my favourite restaurant at the harbor for dinner.

After the food arrives, the waiter brings me a tea. How strange. "Ahm...I didn't order that."

"It comes from the lady over there." the waiter says and points to an empty desk.

"Which Lady?" The waiter turns around and seems to be just as confused as me "Oh I...I'm sorry. It seems she has already left" I raise an eyebrow at him."Is that guy setting me up?"