chapter #15

(TW!- blood, knifes, explosions, guns, death, etc)

--------------

As Thomas approached Teresa, he couldn't help but admire the girl as she watched the horizon peacefully, little did he know how much nerves were running through her body as the possibility of what could happen to her friends filled her mind. For a second; a spilt second, she felt regret for the decision she had made as the radio she used to communicate with wicked beeped 3 times, signifying they were almost there. However, that feeling was overpowered by determination. She needed to find a cure, wicked was, and always will be good to her.

"Teresa, what are you doing up here?" Thomas said to address his presence, and they locked eyes, but she looked away before he could get more lost in them.

"Just thinking." She responded, which wasn't entirely a lie. She took a deep breath, trying to prepare a way to ask him to join her, as she couldn't bear the thought of them being on 2 separate sides.

"Do you remember your mother?" She said, and he looked at her confused.

"Uh... I think so." He said, and a blurry image of a beautiful lady he assumes to be his mother flashes his eyes."

"I remember mine, she was a beautiful women, everybody loved her. Before wicked, she was all I had." She paused, and Thomas looked at her with sad eyes, wondering why she was telling him this out of the blue.

"And then... she got sick, and I didn't know what to do. I just kept her locked up, in the basement hidden. I thought eventually she would get better." Tears filled teresa's eyes as she spoke, but forced them to stay as she continued.

"Every night she would make these awful sounds, and I couldn't help her no matter how hard I tried. And then one night, the screaming stopped. It was finally quiet, peaceful. I went down to her room, and she was on her knees calm, blood everywhere. She said she was finally feeling better, the visions were gone, that she had taken care of them." Teresa paused as she took a shaky breath, tears finally escaping her eyes.

"She ripped her eyes out, Thomas. There are millions of people suffering like her out there. We can't turn our backs on them. I won't."

She paused, hoping for a positive reaction out of Thomas, hoping he would come to his senses and join her. "Wait... teresa what are you saying." Gears were turning in Thomas' head, and he only hoped what he was thinking was not true.

"I'm saying I want you to understand, you and Ren, I know you guys used to think the same. dig deep Thomas, remember how you felt the same as I feel now. We need to help them, they need us."

Then, faint sounds of propellers came from over the horizon, as the sun was almost completely gone. As the noise slowly got louder, betrayal stabbed Thomas In the heart.

"Understand what, Teresa." he said, still hoping this wasn't true.

"... Why I did it." Lights eventually came from the distance, as wicked bergs came closer and closer to the right arms base.

"Please, please don't fight them Thomas, I don't want you guys getting hurt."

"Teresa, what have you done, what have you done." Thomas said as his breaths got faster and heavier.