chapter #2

alright so just a little PSA, if the chapter or a certain part starts with: ---------- that means its the narraters POV. however, if it starts with any name of a character in the series in bold letters, that's the POV of that person. got it? cool. :)

------------------------

"alright Aris" Ren said annoyed. "we've been waiting for him to make 'the move' for 30 mins now. When is he gonna go?"

"I know i know, i guess he's  just waiting for the perfect time"

"Perfect time my ass. If he doesn't do it in 5 mins, i'm doing it myself." Aris sighed at her response. Although she said it in a way that would make people think she was joking, Aris new she would do it if he waits much longer.

"Alright everybody settle down, settle down" Janson walked into the room, papers with the kids names on them.

"ok Aris, I know you're trying to be nice, but just look at him. you can't tell me he doesn't look like a fucking rat!"

"Alright... maybe a little bit" this made Ren and Aris laugh quietly.

"ok this Thomas kid has 5 seconds before I go out there and do the plan myself. 5....   4....   3.... 2...-" before she could get to one, Aris nudged her shoulder, asking her to turn around, to see that Thomas has gotten out of his seat. she huffed at him "he's lucky"

.      .      .

Ren cringed at every slam her elbows made as they connected to the metal vent she was crawling in. Slowly and painfully she army crawled through them.  Ignoring her claustophobic anxiety, she kept going. 

'well, this is fun' she thought to herself. 'alright I went left, left, right, left, right. what's next? come one Ren you were a runner for gods sake! ok it must be right then.' 

"Ren? Ren?" she heard Aris speak, so she quickly followed where it was coming from. turning the corner,  Rens head was met with Aris'. They both move back it pain, rubbing their foreheads.

"well, that was a nice welcome" she says to him.

"Come on, we gotta get to Thomas' room now, or were gonna miss our chance." groaning, Ren releases her hand from her forehead, and continued crawling, staying a safe distance away from Aris.

after about 3 minutes of army crawling, the pair reached a certain vent entrance. "Alright, we're here." Aris says while pointing to a vent.

"What are you waiting for, open it!" She say impatiently. Aris kicks down the vent, making it slide across the room, the sound noise making her jump.

"Hey Thomas. you got it?" Aris says, peeking his head out from under the bed. I can't hear a response, so i'm guessing he showed Aris the keycard instead.

'wait, it feels like i'm forgetting something...'  ren feels around her body until it hits her. 'shit I don't have my knife!' one thing you should know, Ren never leaves anywhere without some sort of weapon

"Aris move! I need to get through!" 

"what? why?" Aris says, confused. He still hasn't moved, so Ren decides to crawl beside him, forcing him to the side so she can get out of the vent. Ren flipped on her back and grabs the end of the bed and pushes herself out, causing the girl to slide on her back out from under the bed.

"wha- who the shuck is this? how many of you guys are actually in there?" Ren looks up to see who said it, when suddenly she is met with the eyes of a tan muscular asian boy with spiky hair. ignoring him, she gets up and looks around the room looking for any form of a weapon, trying to avoid the confused stares coming from the guys in the room. 

Her eyes focus on a small knife peeking out of the asians pocket. swiftly she walks up to him and reached out her hand saying one simple word

"hi" this confused everyone, including Aris, but based off of how well he knows the girl now, it won't be long until he figures out what shes doing. The asian boy is hesitant to shake her hand, but he does anyways

"the names Minho" he states while shaking her hand. since she has his hand trapped in her own, Ren takes the opportunity to pull his hand towards her, causing him to turn, his back now facing the girl. Ren quickly takes the dagger out of his back pocket, and release her grasp on his hand. "Thanks Minho" she says while flipping the knife in the air, then catching it.

Minho's POV :

all of a sudden I feel her her taking something out of my back pocket, causing me to squirm, trying to get out of her grasp. once she has it, she lets go of my hand causing me to stumble back a bit.

"thanks Minho" she says while throwing my blade up in the air, catching it so effortlessly, as if it were a feather. I stand there stunned, confused on how she fooled me. as a runner, KEEPER of the runners actually, I always try to expect the unexpected, and think of anything as a threat. however, I never new something as simple and innocent as a handshake would turn into something the opposite of that.

"Tommy, stay. we can't trust these people" I turn my head to see  newt trying to stop Thomas from following them.

"relax, we'll bring your boyfriend back safe and sound" The dirty blonde haired girl says. this causes me and frypan to let out a small chuckle. her sarcasm makes me ease up on her a bit, knowing that if I was her, I would have said the exact same thing.  she notices newts stiffness and she walks up to him

"hey" she says "I promise ill bring him back. and I never break a promise" her words seem true, as she never breaks eye contact with him, and her tone sounds stern, yet sincere, like Albys.

"she's right, we have to go." Thomas says to the group before looking at newt. "look, I know I might be paranoid, and everything might be completely fine, but I need to know newt. I need to know if we're right." newt hesitates a bit before looking at Thomas and saying:

"alright, I trust you."