chapter #18

"If wicked is bringing kids to this so called 'city' maybe we could go there" Ren said as she re loaded her gun.

It was around 10:30 pm, and both Ren and Brenda were sitting outside in one of the empty spaces, a place ren would usually go to shoot things when agitated.

Now of course, was one of those times.

Brenda stood leaning against a tree, with around 20 big rocks the size of her hand beside her, throwing them up in the air so ren could shoot them.

"You heard Jorge ren, the building probably long gone, probably over took by cranks, we wouldn't last a day." Brenda said as she threw another rock in the air, ren shooting it with ease.

-

Over the past 6 months, a lot had changed.

After a lot of convincing, Brenda finally decided to listen to Ren and Harriet to grow out her hair, and Ren grew out hers for about 2 months so it was down to her back, only to find it annoying and chop it back to her regular shoulder length and curtain bangs style.

Ren also convinced newt to grow out his hair as well, and forced Thomas to shave that awful moustache he had tried to pull off.

Other than looks, many other things had changed and developed, feelings and friendships being one of them.

Brenda had developed strong feelings for Thomas, but after being rejected by him at Marcus' house, she had never told him about it again. Thomas however, still has no idea how to feel about his and Brenda's relationship, since part of him still liked Teresa.

Thomas and Rens friendship had grown a lot as well, developing a "favourite cousin" type relationship. Whenever ren wasn't with newt or Brenda, she was with him. Thomas would never admit it to her, but without ren he doesn't know where he would be. Even after hard days of no progress finding Minho, she was the only one who could make him smile, and he was forever grateful for it.

Brenda and ren were inseparable, often called the dynamic duo. When they were together, it just 'clicked', and everyone secretly wished they were as close to the girls as they were to each other. They both new how important they were to each other, and both knew the impact they would have on each other if one left or worse, was killed.

Newt and rens Relationship was... complicated to say the least. both called the other their best friend. Which although was true, it hurt them both when it was mentioned, secretly wanting more.

Whenever Ren did something, whether it was arguing with Vince, laughing with frypan after she burnt the food, or even something as simple as reading or sleeping, it somehow drew him even closer to her. It's quite hard to dislike Ren, her aura just invites you in even when she tries so hard to block everyone out, and newt loved it, as did everyone else. However, he felt she didn't belong with him, like he was forcing together the 2 corner puzzle peaces together when they didn't quite fit. She felt as if she was merely just the person building the puzzle, having no value to the picture itself.

To everyone else, they were the puzzle pieces that you put together last because you never thought they were the ones to fit, but ended up completing each other. Like once you put those pieces together you could never take them apart, as now the picture just doesn't make sense without them.

But here they both stood, one waking up in the morning only for her, the other in despair to wake up another morning where she cant call him, 'hers.'

-

"We have no clue what Minho is going through right now. hell, he could be thrown in another maz-" Ren paused, "Oh shit." She said as she ran into on of the small buildings they were in before.