chapter #20

As the teens approached their destination, 2 were sleeping, one driving, and the other using a map to navigate the designated driver Frypan.

"Hey Fry, there seems to be some sort of rest stop a couple miles up, something for contamination I think." Said Ren as she stared at the map resting on her legs, shoes thrown lazily on the ground after she grew tired of the platforms digging into her thigh when she tried to cross her legs.

"Well that doesn't sound too good." He responded looking behind him to the girl, who was too focused on the map to meet his eye.

"I'm sure we're fine, just keeping headed straight." Said Ren, but obviously frypan didn't here her, because right after she told him this he asked:

"Theres a left turn right up here, should i-"

"What do you think straight means."

"Well i didn't hear you."

"Well thats a you problem isn't it."

"Its not my fault i didn't hear you, if anything its yours!"

"HOW IS IT MY FAULT"

"Maybe you should speak up."

"You little shit its not my fault if your deaf-"

"OI!" Newt said angrily as he woke up, stopping the two's playful bickering. "Will you 2 shut your mouths before i bloody throw both you shanks out the window." Newt said, his accent thicker then usual due to him just waking up.

"You know Newt, your bed head is quite awful." Ren said to newt as she messed up his hair, getting a slap in the wrist from him in return.

"Oh shut it."

Out of the 6 months she had spent with the right arm, she had gained one piece of useful information: Newt is not a morning person. If you tried to wake up the blonde before he woke himself up, you would get the finger, a shoe in the head, or both.

This scared off most people, except Ren of course. Ren loved the angry look on his face whenever she would throw the shoe back at him whenever he tried to get her to go away, she loved messing up his hair, and she loved how much he hated that he couldn't stay annoyed. However, she never quite knew why he couldn't stay angry with her.

He knew.

No matter how hard he tried, something about her not giving up when he tried so hard to push her away made him more cheerful than he should be, even if it was only for him to wake up.

And although he would never say this to anyone: he secretly liked the way she messed up his hair every. single. time. she woke him up, and he knew she only did it because of how much he "hated it" so he kept up the act.

"Theres no point in falling back asleep now, we're here." Frypan said as he pulled up to a weird looking tunnel with big bold words on top:

____

- - W.I.C.K.D MANDATORY HEALTH CHECK - -

____

Ren threw on her shoes and hoped out of the car, making sure to slam the door extra hard to wake up Thomas.

" I don't know about you guys, but if i was a crank... this is exactly where i would be." Newt said with his hands on his hips, hair swaying due to the breeze.

"When we go in there, expect the worst. Just get it, get out. Don't stop." Ren said as she looked into the tunnel, wincing as she heard a faint groan coming from inside.