chapter #4

hey guys! so ik a lot of people love the whole sappy love story shit like that, but I want you to know this isn't one of those things. (sorry) I believe you should be friends before it should turn into anything else, so sorry if this is going "to slow for you" but that's how its gonna be.

plus, their in the frickin scorch, they don't really have time to think about their feelings, and Ren really isn't the type to express her feelings; let alone understand them. there are going to be many cute moments between the two, its just gonna be a bit slow :)

Newts POV:

"wait, stop!" Thomas yells at the girl, who just ignored Thomas and followed after teresa into the dark hole that we know absolutely nothing about.

  'girls confuse me' I think, but soon after, Frypan speaks my thoughts to the group "I will never understand girls." this causes me to have a spall grin spread on my face.

after I get down- well, slide down the big sand hill into what looks like an abandon shopping centre, my sliding body meets with someones legs, causing them to fall completely on top of me. luckily, their hand meet the ground, stopping our heads from colliding. 

We both let out a small groan before I speak out 

"oh shuck, i'm sorry." 

"that's alright-" they chuckle lightly before continuing 

"It's nice to meet you too." I look up at the person on top of me, only to be met by beautiful dark blue eyes. before I could examine her face, she pushes off from the ground to stand up, reaching her hand out to me. I take it, and get up. although she was just doing it to be nice, it did help me a lot, knowing that my leg probably would have made it harder to get up (yes he has a limp)

"ya, nice to meet you ren"

 Minho adds to my question: "I would just like to point out that she saved our asses, made us climb through very tiny vents, stole my knife, and we still don't know anything about this chick and her friend"

 I could tell she was very confused at the fact that we all new her name. 

'wow she really is oblivious' 

"well, my names Winston-" Winston steps up, being the nice person he was. "nice to meet you without almost dying every time."

frypan introduced himself, along with Thomas, Teresa, and Minho introduced me, so I just waved, her giving me that smile in return.

"well, that's Aris over there-" everyone turns to look at Aris, him giving an awkward wave, "and I'm Ren." she cringed at herself, most likely for her saying her name even though we already new it. 

'im surprised she doesn't remember us from last night' I thought. 

we all look back at her, taking a moment to look at her. she's quite tall, around 5'10 I would say, but not compared to me, since i'm almost 6'4. 

she's about 2 inches taller than Teresa. she's got shoulder length darker dirty blonde hair that frames her face quite well, and fair skin, with freckles around her nose. she's pretty skinny, yet decently muscular, which tells me she was probably a runner, or a builder. 

I look at her, when I notice her looking at the ground, her cheeks tinted red. I could tell she didn't like everyone looking at her, so I tried to switch the conversation.