chapter #19

Brenda woke up to a muffled conversation outside of the building, and from the tone in their voice she could tell it wasn't a good one.

She groaned as she slowly got out of her hammock, and based off of the light of the moon peeking out the windows and open doors, she guessed it was around 1 am.

As she got out of her bed, she heard something drop on to the tiled floor, and looked down to see a small boxed like screen, a gps to be exact. Her face scrunched up in confusion as to when this came into her possession, and when she decided to put in on her bed, but soon saw the sticky note attached to it as well.

'this is so you can find us, since i'm the only one smart enough to realize we need you.
p.s-
i'm sorry i didn't bring you with me, but to be fair they don't even know i'm going anyways.'

Automatically the girl new who it was from, as the messy bubble letters could only be from one person, Ren. She smiled at the note, but she was still extremely confused as to why she gave this to her.

What does Ren want her to find?

Who needs her?

Why a gps?

Bring her where?

Where is Ren going?

And who is going with her?

After about 3 minutes of Brenda blankly starring at the note and gps, she decided to get off her ass and go outside to see what the fuss was about, since the yelling had not stopped.

"HAS ANYONE SEEN HER AT ALL" Vince yelled to the right arm, but everyone mumbled a no, some even cowering back a bit at his stern tone.

Vince sighed and brushed a hand threw his hair out of nerves. "Ok, everyone look for them, see if you can find anything. But do not, I repeat DO NOT leave the base."

"Vince?" Brenda said to the man after everyone scattered around. "Whats happening?"

"Ren, Thomas, newt and frypan are gone, and... so is my car."

"I'm sorry what?"

"They are gone Brenda, they are out there somewhere, ALONE. Ren is out there, ALONE."

Tt was without a doubt Vince had grown protective of the girl from maze B, although he would never admit it to anyone how much he cared for her. Usually when someone cared for someone as he did, it was because they reminded them of someone they once knew, his case was the opposite. There was really no one like her, and thats why he cared for the girl, she was different. Annoying and stubborn, yes; but special.

Not to mention the pity everyone felt for the girl, as sooner or later everyone figured out the importance she had to wicked, and her past trauma in the maze, but she always brushed off that topic.

Not even her closest friends knows what happened to her in the maze, except Sonya and Harriet of course, but that was Ren's story to tell.

A story she hopes to keep to herself.

"She wont be alone for long Vince." Jorge said approaching the 2

"No, you're not going after them, what if we lose you guys too."

"Those kids are family to me whether i like it or not, and i would risk my life for family." Jorge said calmly.