IT'S NATURE

Seven ~ IT'S NATURE

Seven ~ IT'S NATURE

------------------------------------

"Hell no."

"Nico! You can't flip like this. I know we're talking about your precious daughter, but that doesn't mean you have the right to go against any higher power or whatever chooses these matches for us all." Elizabeth scolded her husband, pushing away from the wall she was previously leaning on for support. Currently, we--Beth, Nico, Emmett, Giusy, Liam, and Alessio--were scattered around the living room as the kids played outside with Aki, and Andrew watched to make sure no one got hurt.

Since La Push, we made it home only to find Nico pacing a hole in our living room and kitchen floor as he grumbled and mumbled about Seth. Emmett arrived not long after we got back. He was just as angry as Nico. It almost makes me think Charlotte's his daughter, not my cousin's.

"Nico, take a god damn breath, would you." Giusy finally snapped. She was sprawled on the floor in front of the couch, surrounded by papers she was grading for her class. Liam sat behind her on the couch, looking like he was completely in agreement with his mate. "You can't blame this poor boy just because he imprinted. Do you think he would choose a little girl with a vampire for a father if he got the chance? No! No, he would not! So cut him some slack."

"It's disgusting!" Emmett piped up, glancing at me briefly to gauge my reaction to him dissing my friends. Emmett was a smart man, he knew I was pissed at him and the side he took.

"IT'S NATURE!" Beth yelled, trying to finally drive her point home after hours of nonstop arguing with her mate. She looked frazzled, to put it lightly.

"You want me just to give in and accept this boy? I'm Charlotte's father! I have a right to be mad and protective! It's my job." Nico yelled.

"Are we stuck in the 1800s?! Charlotte will literally look like she is older than this boy in a year! Tell her all the information and let her make a decision. She's smart and mature; she is definitely capable of choosing whether or not she thinks Seth is creepy or nice." I yelled right back before walking out in a huff, all the anger and feminism in me boiling up until I couldn't be there any longer without risking complete anger towards both my mate and my idiot cousin.

Outside, the sun lightly shone through the trees. It was a nice change of pace for Forks. And I swear, if I had come out here and it was dark and gloomy and dreary, I would have broken something. I probably would have physically taken a tree and chucked it as far as I possibly could. So, thank you, nature, for saving yourself.

"I'm sorry," Emmett mumbled, coming out to stand right behind me. "I know you like him, I know you like most of them, but it's against nature. We aren't supposed to get along with one another, not to mention be mates."

"Well, what about Paul and Alessio? Is that not against nature?" I retorted, not even bothering to turn around and look at him. If he wanted to be sexist and angry, then so be it. I would be just as angry in return.