And You're Immortal. Suck it Up Honey

Hi! I've been posting on Sunday's the past few weeks and I am going to try to make that my consistent posting day. So here ya go! -Maria

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Where were you all of last night?" Giusi questioned me as I opened the door to enter the house the next morning. I'd spent the whole night out star gazing with Emmett, well mostly star gazing.

"I was with Emmett after the whole after party situation." I explained, smiling at my family. Giusi looked at me skeptically. Liam and Nacho completely brushed it off as they watched some game on the tv. Aki and Alessio looked at me skeptically, but turned back to their conversation with Paul. "What's our current plan of action?"

"We're going to the field that we played baseball in back in the fall with the Cullen's, to work with the wolves and vamps on training and a plan of defense." Liam explained, turning away from the television to give me a reassuring smile. "It's looking like we have the numbers to be just fine."

"Yeah, between us, the whole pack and all the Cullen's we should be okay." Aki agreed,  standing up to randomly give me a hug.

"What's this for?" I laughed, wrapping my arms around her in return.

"Just because..." I felt her smile into my neck. "Because you're stressed. Because I'm stressed. Because this whole situation is stressful and because you give good hugs."

"I can get behind that." I laughed into her hair. "Wait, where are we sending the kids for the time being? And Beth and Andrew?"

"The current plan is that they are going to go visit San Francisco for the week." Aki explained, pulling away, but keeping her hands grasped at my elbows. "They should be okay all the way there and Seth is planning on going with so that's added security. Maggie and Matteo already left for their secret vacation so they are fine."

"We figured a lot out last night. Including the fact that Seth will take the kids today with Andrew while Beth works and the rest of us go to train." Giusi assured, squeezing my shoulder as she walked past me towards the back door in the direction of her cottage.

"It sure sounds like it." I chuckled. "I'm going to go take a nap. Wake me when it's time to go train."

"Will do." Aki smiled, affectionately kissing my cheek before pulling away and giving Alessio and Paul her full attention again. I waved at Liam and Nacho and nodded at Paul as I left. Alessio's back was to me and he seemed far too stressed to bother and say goodbye.

I made it to my room without running into anyone else, surprisingly, and collapsed on my bed. I was absolutely and utterly exhausted. I clawed at the fuzzy blanket folded at the bottom of my bed. Once in a proper burrito form, I let my head fall onto my pillow.

As I began to fall into a state of sleep, thoughts from last night ran through my head at the pace of an olympic sprinter. Emmett and I spent the whole night out in the woods peacefully hidden under the trees and the night. It was beautiful. I've never felt more loved than I did for those hours we spent together hidden from the world. I wouldn't say our night was perfect. Having sex in the woods was definitely not on the top of my list of the way I wanted to sleep with Emmett for the first time, but I really can't complain. I don't think I ever fully understood how beautiful vampires were until last night when Emmett's skin shone in the moonlight and his stupid dorky smile light a fire in my stomach. I loved him so so much.