Everett, I Shall Call You Everett

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning in Emmett's bed alone. The sheets were cold, or I guess warmer than they normally would have been, but it's a metaphor. I rolled over, looking around the room. Emmett had video games stacked next to his obnoxiously large tv. He had different jerseys hanging on the walls in frames and even had a signed football by someone I couldn't read. The room was fairly representative of him. At least the normal side of him.

I know for a fact that the bed appeared once he met me, Jasper had joked about it. Which was sweet and made sense. Emmett always wanted to make sure everyone had what they needed. Sure, sometimes he messed with people, especially Jasper, Rosalie and Edward, but if they were ever in danger, he would fight the world for them. It was really sweet actually.

I sighed, releasing the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. I sat up, pushing my burrito of blankets off of me so that I could properly move. I listened intently, eavesdropping was one of my passions. For the first time in the months I have known the Cullens, I was surprised to find that there was absolutely no on sin the house. It was so quiet, all I could hear were the birds outside in the forest. 

I felt out of place, almost like I was breaking some rule by being here all by myself. I know that would break Esme's heart if she ever realized I felt that way. I shuffled around Emmett's room, cleaning up bits of things he left on the floor, I made sure all of the pillows and blankets were on the bed. That is not to say I made the bed, but it was clean adjacent. I reached into Emmett's closet and grabbed one of his big sweatshirts. If I was going to be here, I might as well try to act like I was comfortable. Maybe I could trick my brain into thinking I was. 

The sweatshirt reached to my mid thigh and hung off my arms, but it was warm. I know for a fact that he got these soft, fuzzy sweatshirts once we started dating because he was never much of a tactile person, at least from what I can tell, plus he didn't need them. The fact that he went out of his way to get something that made our interactions more like a normal couple was sweet. It made my heart flutter at the thought. He really loved me, and if you had asked me if I could feel this way a year ago, I would have laughed at you.

Once properly dressed, in the sense that I was warm. I was in no way presentable with this huge sweatshirt, my hair thrown into a bun with no shoes on, but I sure felt comfy. I danced down the stairs into the bright living room of the Cullen house. The sun was shining through the windows and I could feel that someone turned the heat on in the house. My bet is that it was either Emmett or Esme, they both understood how I was cold when I was tired or just waking up, I smiled, feeling special that they cared enough to remember.

I sat down on the couch briefly and considered turning the TV on. There weren't any games on and I did not really want to watch tv. I turned instead to the record player that I think belonged to Edward. He had a variety of records that spanned through probably two centuries. He had music older than he was, I thought to myself laughing. I ended up choosing an ABBA record, Super Trouper. You can't go wrong with ABBA.

As the music filtered through the house, seemingly connected to some speaker system, I waltzed my way into the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was very little in there, but I found some cream cheese and jelly, so I went on a hunt for some bagels. I succeeded, finding a bag tucked in the corner of the pantry. I got all of my ingredients and found a knife, prepared to feed myself. The music continued to flow through the house as I decided I needed some chai for the morning. Rummaging through the pantry again, I found a container of tea. In maybe seven minutes I was seated at the counter, my legs tucked under my, munching away at my bagel and sipping on my chai.