Compromise, Smompromise

---------------------------------------------------

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Emmett's voice broke the silence surrounding us in the woods as I pried my eyes open the next morning.

"Hi..." I chuckled lightly, turning over to press a kiss to his lips. A smile on my face, I turned to lay my head on his bare chest, letting out a loud sigh.

"You good?"

"Great!" I beamed, sending him a wink. "I should really get a shower..."

"I can join you!" He chimed, moving to sit up so now my head was in his lap on a pillow.

"As much as I would love that Everett, I think I just need a shower." I laughed, rolling onto my back to I could look up at him. He chuckled at me, reaching down to brush a piece of hair out of my eyes. Emmett nodded, gesturing towards the bathroom with his head.

"Go get your shower." He smiled, lifting me up into a sitting position with one hand. The blankets fell from me as I sat up. "Or you could stay here and I can enjoy the show." Emmett laughed, placing a light kiss on my shoulder.

"Ha, ha, so funny. I'm going." I rolled my eyes, grabbing fistfuls of the blanket so that I could make myself a lovely drape dress situation. "See you later." I laughed waltzing into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me.

"It's cold! Why did you have to take all the blankets!" Emmett yelled after me, making me chuckle to myself.

"You don't get cold you dead monster." I yelled back, continuing on with my shower routine.

I took a nice leisurely shower, enjoying how nice the hot water felt on my skin. I washed my hair thoroughly and rung it out. I dried and lotioned myself up. Stepping out of the steamy bathroom, running a brush through my hair, I found the bed empty and no sign of Emmett in the room.

"I made food!" He yelled from the kitchen, grabbing my attention. I threw on a sweatshirt, probably his, and some shorts before making my way to the common area of the cottage. There, Emmett stood with a dorky apron tied around his waist —barely— with a pot of what smelt like oatmeal and toast in the toaster.

"Smells good." I smiled, stopping behind him to wrap my arm around his shoulders as he stirred the pot. "Thank you for the food!"

"Of course you need to get some sustenance after last night." Emmett chuckled, his chest vibrating with his laughter. He turned his head just enough to place a kiss on my cheek.

"So cheeky." I joked, earning myself an eye roll from him.

"You so, so funny." He quipped, stepping on my feet lightly.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." I smiled, not able to stop the laugh that bubbled from my lips. Emmett moved off of my foot, continued to stir. "Did you put anything in the oatmeal?"

"Just some walnuts, cranberries and apples." He smiled, turning in my hold. "You look very pretty post shower." He stated, sounding like a little kid giving a compliment.

"Thank you." I beamed, stepping on to my tiptoes to press a quick kiss to his lips. "Let me eat, and then we can go hunting."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Emmett nodded, taking a step back before grabbing a bowl and passing it to me. "Here ya go, Lucinda."

"Thanks boo." I laughed, nudging him with my shoulder as I pushed past him to serve myself some oatmeal. I sat at the table and munched on the oatmeal as Emmett worked on buttering my toast and searching through the fridge for some jelly.