Well, If It Isn't My Dearest Daughter

AN: Gifs still aren't working so I guess this is what we got. It's kind of a chaotic chapter because I'm trying to decide how exactly I want to get to the next big event, but no matter, here you go.

Well, If It Isn't My Dearest Daughter
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, love birds," Levi yelled out the window as Emmett and I continued dancing around with Finn. Once he got our attention, he yelled out again. "It appears we have a situation back in Forks, not an internal one this time."

"What could he possibly mean?" I grumbled, reaching down to pick Finn up and situate him on my hip securely. 

"It's probably something with Victoria," Emmett added, resting his hand on the small of my back as he moved us towards the back door of the house. Inside, Cara was sprawled out on the floor in the living room as Levi sat on the couch with my laptop that I so kindly allowed him to use. 

"What's up, kid?" I questioned, plopping down next to him on the couch, peering over his shoulder as best I could with Finn jumping around in my lap. Emmett took a spot behind us, standing behind the couch.

"Someone is killing people in Seattle." Emmett read, his face crumpling up in annoyance as he continued reading over the email.

"Why does she just like to make our lives more complicated," I grumbled, rolling my eyes. This bitch Victoria just loved to mettle in our lives. We walked into a trap by coming to Forks, Bella Swan was a danger magnet, and the Cullens seemed to be too. Now, my family was right in the middle of it with them.

"I don't know, but she really needs to chill out," Levi complained, scrolling down the email to read the ending.

"We don't know it's Victoria," Emmett added, shrugging his shoulders. "Alice would have called and said something if she felt like it was Victoria."

"Well, someone got into our house as well as Bella's." Levi continued. 

"How in the actual hell did some vampire manage to get into our house? We basically house a small army there." I laughed, not believing there was a way to break our front line of defense.

"I have no idea, but they did. Apparently, one of Maggie's favorite sweatshirts is missing." Levi read as Finn played with my hair.

"And we're assuming the vampires killing in Seattle are connected to whoever —probably Victoria— who stole the sweatshirt." I clarified, glancing back to lock eyes with Emmett. He looked worried and a little bit mad.

"Whoever it was also took something from Bella. I think they're targeting the more vulnerable humans in the area that have a close tie to us vampires." Levi explained, looking over at me with worry in his eyes.

"Don't worry," I assured my nephew. "Maggie has a whole whored of vampires and hybrids to protect her. She barely ever goes anywhere by herself as it is anyways. Plus, I bet the wolves, or at least some of them, would be willing to help protect her if we asked. She's friends with Jake, and I bet Seth or Paul would help if they really needed to."

"Are we going to go back and help them??" He almost yelled, his worry sketched across his face. I guess this goes to show just how much our family actually means to this dork.

"Not right now. You and I can't." I sighed, resting my hand on his shoulder to reassure him. "You and I went through too much trouble to come up with a viable excuse to get out of there. We can't just appear again. If we need to, we will send Emmett back to help."