Chapter 23

I can't do this!

If you put my dad and Bruce Wayne in the same room chaos erupts. Sadly we were driving towards the mall where we are going to meet up with Bruce and Rick.

"I'm guessing you know who Batman is." my dad said breaking the awkward silence.

"My big guess would be Bruce Wayne." I answered raising my eyebrow as if to say "it's kinda obvious."

"You have to promise not to say anything."

"Dad! You would think after all these years of having my own secret I could at least keep someone else's." I exclaimed shaking my head.

"I know, I know. I've just promised never to tell anyone." my dad replied humbly.

"Did you ever think about how he basically blew your secret to your big nemesis and your worried about telling your daughter?" I questioned sitting back.

"I guess I just dropped the subject."

"Dad you can trust me." I said putting my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. We pulled into the parking lot and I exhaled nervously. We walked into the cafe we were supposed to meet in and I saw Rick and Bruce sitting at a booth talking quietly.
Rick stood up to greet me, but Bruce just stayed sitting. My dad directly sat down not taking Rick's greeting. I greeted Rick with a hug and sat down across from him.

"It's been awhile Bruce." my dad greeted.

"Mmhmm." Bruce grunted in return. I scoffed at him and how rude he was. "We've made a decision."

"More like you've made a decision." Rick mumbled.

"Rick and Crystal cannot see each other any more." he deadpanned getting to the point.

"What!?" Me and my dad hissed at the same time not wanting to yell in a cafe. I looked at my dad in surprised that he even objected.

"I know we've had our problems in the past, but don't you think we should give them a chance to make it right." my dad was trying his best to stay calm.

"I don't want your daughter to do the same thing you did to me!" He yelled standing up and pushing past Rick out of the booth.

"She won't make the same mistakes I did." my dad said standing up too. Now Rick and I were the only ones sitting as Bruce stared at my dad.

"I trusted you and look how that ended." Bruce finished turning towards the exit.

"Wait!" I called out to them. The people beside us were now staring at me. I felt more uncomfortable than a rock at a stick party.

"I know you've faced some problems in the past with my dad, but he's learned from his mistakes. Please let me have a chance to prove to you that we've learned." I pleaded walking closer.

"I better not regret it." Bruce mumbled walking out. Surprised at how easy that was, I smiled and looked at Rick who was smiling as well. Rick quickly kissed me on the cheek and ran outside to his limo where Alfred was waiting. I felt butterflies in my stomach as they drive away.

"Thanks dad." I said hugging him.

"For what?" He asked confused at my actions.

"For standing up for me. You didn't need to. I don't deserve that after I kept quiet about me and Rick." I answered letting him go.

"Chris, I didn't deserve what you did for me in front of Bruce. And I love you so much." he said hugging me again. That's what I loved about my dad and his hero complex. He always finds the good in people. We went home in silence, but it was a comfortable silence.

As we drove home the thought on my mind was 'What are we gonna do about Joker?'

_____________________

I know this chapter is boring, but I had to get it out of the way. Please vote and comment. It will get better!

-supergirl