Chapter 7

Hey I just met you...and this is crazy, but here's my number. So call me maybe.

"Ugh." I groaned. That sound was my phone waking me from my glorious sleep. I look over at my nightstand and it's a call from Liz. How did she get my number?

"Whaaaat?" I moaned as I answer the phone.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to talk to you too!" she replied sarcastically.

"Good morning." I greeted in a too happy tone. "Now why did you call?"

"Oh right, I'm coming over. What's your address?" she asked casually.

"Ummmm... 75 Malridge street." I said slowly.

"Thanks! Be there in an hour." she stated hanging up.

I get out of bed quickly and get changed into leggings and a sweater. I run downstairs and start eating breakfast.

"Hey mom, I'm having someone over." I said smiling.

"Okay, and your up early." she said smiling. I look at our stove clock and it read 11:33 a.m.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed still eating my cereal. With me days start at 12:00, so I'm pretty proud.

"So who are you having over?" My mom asked.

"Oh, a girl named Liz from school." I replied.

"Oh nice.Well I'm going out so it will just be you two."

"Kay thanks." I yelled running upstairs. I brushed my hair and teeth quickly. Just when I finished the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" I yelled running downstairs. I opened the door to see Liz with her red hair nicely curled and skinny jeans with a cute crop top. She made me look like a slop.

"You look cute." I said smiling and adding a wink.

"Thanks." she said smiling and walking in taking off her shoes. "Nice house." she commented.

"Here we can go to my room." I said walking up the stairs while she follows.My house was normal. Nothing special. We walked into my room and it is painted red with grey accents.

"Have I told you how much I love red." she said making me laugh. "Okay, let's get down to business." I hold back a laugh thinking of Mulan.

"Ookay?" I replied unsure of what that meant.

"You and Grayson?!" She squealed.

"No!" I replied quickly.

"Oh c'mon! You can't ignore the fact that every time you two pass each other, you make heart eyes."

"No! Okay well maybe sometimes." I said blushing.

"That's what I thought."

"So how has Dillon been." I replied smartly trying to change the subject.

"Ha ha. Nothing he still doesn't know I exist." she replied with a wave of sadness coming over her face.

"Have you liked him for a long time?" I asked.

"Since I was fifteen." she replied shaking her head. "I don't understand! Why do I like him so much he's just a high school boy."

"Hey, Rick and Dillon are friends right?" I said leading up to something.

"I know what your thinking and no!" She hissed the last part.

"Whatever." I said smirking. "So is that the reason you came over?"

"No, we're going to the movies." she said grabbing my arm.

"Wait, I'm changing."

"Fine!" She groaned.

"Go wait by the door. I'll be down in a couple minutes."

Liz sighed dramatically and stood up. I shut my door and put on black skinny jeans with converse and my Nike windbreaker. I ran downstairs and grabbed my bag putting my phone inside.

We arrived at the movie theaters and I dropped her off so she could get the tickets while I parked.

"What type of movies do you like?" Liz asked.

"Comedies." I replied driving away going through the maze of cars.

I finally parked and went inside and Liz handed me my ticket.

"The Maze Runner? How is that a comedy?" I questioned.

"They had no comedies playing so I chose this. I read the book so it should be good." Liz said pushing me into theater 6. We found amazing seats in the middle which I have never been able to do. I was before Liz so I was beside a random guy. I hated being beside random people. Especially because this is a dark room. I couldn't see who he was because it just turned dark and the screen wasn't on yet to play the commercials.

"I'm gonna quickly get snacks. Save our seats." Liz said walking away. I sat there playing on my phone waiting for Liz.

"Hi, my name's Aaron Michaels." the guy beside me said. Are all Gothamites this friendly? Wait, Gothamites? It is Gothamanians?

"Hi, I'm Crystal Kent." I said quickly not thinking. Wait... Aaron Michaels.

"Crystal?" Aaron said obviously thinking the same thing as me. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see a movie." I replied sarcastically making him role his eyes. "Remember I moved to Gotham."

"Yeah, I remember I just wasn't thinking, right." he said chuckling. There was an awkward silence which I of course decide to break.

"What are you doing in Gotham?" I asked.

"Visiting a friend." he replied simply. Again the awkward silence.

"Hey I was wonder-"

"Ok I wasn't sure if you wanted coke, but I got you coke anyways." Liz said interrupting him making him put his head down in annoyance.

"Oh I'm sorry." Liz apologized sheepishly.

"No worries and coke is perfect." I said smiling and looking over at her.

She sat down and the movie was about to start when Aaron's friend sat down on his other side. They started to whisper quietly because the previews for new movies came on.

"Do you know him?" Liz asked nodding her head towards Aaron

"Umm... yeah?" I replied. Sadly.

"How?" She asked again. I knew I wasn't getting out of this one.

"He's my... umm... my ex-boyfriend." I said slowly.

"What... oh... no... what are you going to do?" She said worried.

"Nothing, he's just visiting his friend."

"His very hot friend which I flirted with when he was behind me in line." she said smiling embarrassed.

"Whatever, let's just watch the movie." I said looking forward.

The movie was good, but the end annoyed me and Liz agrees with my annoyance. The lights turned on and everyone stood up. Liz and I walked out with Aaron and his friend behind us.

"Hey Chris." Aaron said putting his arm around me. "What do you think about going out tonight?"

"Not gonna happe-"

"Hey Chris." someone says interrupting me. I turn around to see Rick, Johnny, and Dillon all staring at me. I noticed that Aaron's arm was around me. I pushed it off making Aaron wink. He turns around and walks off with his friend.

"Hey Rick." I said faking a smile, but really for no reason I was so nervous.