Chapter 16

It was Monday night. I didn't want to look like I was trying to look nice so I just wore jeans and a pull-over sweater. I left my hair to its natural black waves and threw on some converse. Yeah...I looked like a slob.

Aaron said he would be here at 6:00, but that obviously meant 6:15. He was always late. I looked at the clock and sure enough it was 6:11.
The door bell rang and I ran down stairs to get it before my parents. I didn't want them seeing Aaron.

"I got it! I got it!" I yelled pulling the front door open and then quickly closing it.

"Hi." I greeted to Aaron giving no emotion.

"Hey!" He slurs... wait oh no! He's drunk, of course he's drunk.

"Aaron, you're drunk." I stated grabbing his arm and leading him to his car.

"No I'm not! Now shut up and get in!" He yelled pushing me away and messily pointing to the passenger seat.

"O-ok." I stutter. I so hope we don't get into an accident. I slowly got into the passenger seat with Aaron telling me to hurry up. We drove for about 5 minutes before I got a text.

Dillon: Hey are you busy tonight?

I so wish I wasn't!

Chris: Yeah I'm going out sorry.

Dillon: May I ask with who?

Dillon is so funny. He always wants to know what I'm doing. To most it might come across as prying, but I knew it was just curiosity. Although I think it's kinda sweet.

Chris: Well I'm going on a date with my ex-boyfriend Aaron. We're going to the little diner by the mall. I forget the name.

Dillon: What? Why would you go out with him???

Chris: I don't want to! I sorta have to. Do you think you can come get me? ( he's sorta drunk )

Dillon: Of course! I'll come to the diner now!

I smiled at how much Dillon cares. I must look like an idiot smiling down at my phone.

"What are you smiling about?" Aaron asked harshly as we came to a stop at... oh Wimpy's Diner.

"Nothing. It's nothing." I answered knowing he can't find out.

"Let me see!" He yelled grabbing my phone and looking at it. "Who is Dillon? Are you cheating on me?"

"We're not even dating!" I yelled knowing that, that was probably too harsh for his liking. All the sudden he slaps me. It stung for like 2 seconds and then I felt nothing I flinched a little, but then I just looked at him.

"Get out. Get out!" He screamed flailing his arms. I opened the door and got out, and of course it started to rain as he drove away. He was so drunk. I started to walk when I car drove up to me and stopped.

"Need a ride?" I look down to see Dillon in the drivers seat. I smiled and got in the passenger side.

"Thank you so much Dillon." I said smiling and he smiled in return.

"So why is he so mean to you?" Dillon asked me taking me by surprise. "You don't have to answer that." he quickly added.

"No, you deserve to know. Especially because you just picked me up." I answered laughing lightly.

"He has never been the same since his dad died and he was left to his step mom. He never knew his real mother because she died at child birth, but he was so close to his dad. They did everything together." I paused taking a breath. "He hated his step mom. She was mean to him, blaming him for his dad's death because he was driving the car when the accident happened. He's never been the same since."