Chapter 24

I pushed the doors open to school to be greeted by hundreds of students pushing through the hallway. I tried to fit my way through the crowd, but with my tall height I had no such luck. I was just about to get to my locker when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Chrissy!" I winced because I knew I had to give Jake an answer.

"Hey Jake." I greeted slowly turning around. He took a few steps a closer which meant he wanted me to give him my answer.
"Look you're an amazing friend. I feel like if we dated we could ruin that friendship. And like I said I am careful with who I date. I just don't think now is the right time." I answered slowly just spitting out whatever came to my mind.

"I get it. It's okay I understand. Wouldn't want to ruin our friendship now would I."
Jake quickly turned on his heel and walked away. The one word that came to my mind was friendzoned. I watch that show and I felt like I was on it.

I walked to my locker trying to convince myself I did the right thing by saying no.

"Hi." I heard someone say simply. I looked at my right to see Johnny standing there hands in his pockets.

"What do you want Johnny?" I snapped not in the mood to strike up a conversation.

"I can tell you're not in the mood, but I just need one quick favor." he said quickly. I slammed my locker, well not to hard for me anyways, and strode down the hallway to Pre-Calculus. "They're these guys that have been annoying me for a few weeks and I just thought that maybe you could... I don't know. Give them a taste of their own medicine."

I stopped in the middle of the hallway which was now emptying. "You want me to beat them up?" I questioned surprised. He nodded his head and I snorted at him. "You know it doesn't work like that. I'm not just going to beat them up. So no is your answer."

"Awe come on Chris! Please!" He pleaded, but I ignored him walking up to my class.

"Sorry Johnny, not happening." I deadpanned and he frowned. I opened the door the classroom. I quickly got to my seat as the late bell went off.

Knowing me and my hate for math I knew I would either zone out or draw so I got my notebook out to draw on. I looked at the person beside me to see the green-eyed girl with black hair who was at the table when me and Liz sat there the first time.

"It's Raven, right?" I asked and she nodded smiling.

"Yeah, and you're Chris. Rick's girlfriend." I shook my head in annoyance.

"He's not my boyfriend." she laughed and I looked around to make sure no one noticed.

"I'm just teasing you. It's just that he always talks about you." she explained emphasizing "always."

"Well what about you and Johnny?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"He's not my type."

"Oh and what is your type?" I persisted and she sighed thinking.

"I like chubby blondes." she stated shrugging her shoulders and pursing her lips. I chuckled at her and shook my head.

"Whatever. It's not like I noticed you guys making googily eyes at each other.

"At least we admit it." she whispered smirking.

***

I leaned against the wall outside waiting for my dad to come pick me up. A black sports car drove up and stopped in front me. The person inside rolled their window down.

"Need a ride?" Asked the ginger inside. I smiled at how funny he looked trying to pose. Nacho Libre came to mind.

"I'm good thanks." I replied shaking my head.