Chapter 5

Today was Friday, but we got a PA day for some reason. I was just gonna relax today because... well it was a day off. It was 11:00 a.m. and I had pretty much just woken up. When I thought I was gonna have a day to myself my phone buzzes.

Rick: Hey r u doing anything today?

Chris: No, why?

Rick: Would u want to go to the mall?

Did I really want to go to the mall today? Maybe I should.

Chris: Sure. When?

Rick: I'll be there in an hour.

I quickly texted him my address and then was left to my own thoughts. Why did he want to go out with me anyway? I barely knew this guy. Four days! I've known him for four days! He is cute, but still I just met him.

I started to get ready putting on black skinny jeans and a red plaid shirt. To top it off I threw on my annoying glasses. I put on my converse and grabbed my bag. It was 11:58 when the door bell rang. I opened the door to see Rick wearing a t-shirt with Gotham Knights written across it and dark wash jeans with combat boots.

"Hey." I greeted smiling.

"Hey." he said looking excited for some reason. "Ready to go." he asked quickly peeking passed me at my house.

"Oh, yeah." I replied. The ride there was quick because I live 5 minutes away from the mall. We got out and ran in because it had just started to rain.

"I hope it doesn't rain all day." he said pursing his lips.

"Why?" I ask suspicious.

"I'm going out tonight and I absolutely hate rain." he said emphasizing "hate."

I walked passed American Eagle and grabbed his arm.

"C'mon!" I exclaimed pulling him into the store.

"Ow, ow, ow. How strong are you?" He asked massaging his arm with a small smirk on his face.

A shrugged and looked at him sheepishly. "I, uhhhh...work out?" His eyes narrowed and he laughed.

"I'll take it for now." He said walking passed me, but I didn't miss the smile that began to form.

Neither of us bought much, but the fact that we got to hang out was enough for me. I couldn't believe how much Rick remembered. Not just in general but about me! He remembered every little detail from the conversations we had had in the past few days. It was extremely heartwarming when we walked past Starbucks and he asked me if I wanted a chai latte- my favourite drink.

"How did you remem-"

"Wednesday, gym class. We were talking about good places to study and you said you like to study at Starbucks with a chai latte."

"Yeah, I do." I said smiling and then my eyes widened when I realized what I had said. Rick seemed oblivious to the double meaning and just walked into to Starbucks, while I quickly pulled myself together.

"Five o'clock!?" I basically yelled. We had been gone for hours! Hopefully Dad won't mind.

We pulled into my driveway and I open my door to get out and Rick opens his too. We get up to my porch and he pulls me into a hug. I'm taken by surprise, but still hug him back tightly.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked more like a question.

"Yup." I answered, but then I remember that tomorrow is Saturday. I was about to correct him, when I decided to just forget it.

"Bye." he said walking away.

"Bye." I replied. Finally the time where I get to fly around the city. I'm more excited than a nerd comic con.

"Hey honey." my dad greeted.

"Hey." I replied. Then suddenly my dad turns his ear towards our propped open window.

"Your just in time," he said with a smile, "there sounds like there's a robbery near..." he closes his eyes to listen better, "Near the public library." Wait, I'm starting now?

"I'm on it." I yell running upstairs.

-------------------------------------

I flew up to Main Street and walked into the bank. What I saw definitely isn't your everyday robber. Her face was covered in paint and she was wearing a jester costume.

"Don't worry I was just leaving." she said in a familiar annoying voice.

"But I just got here." I whined smiling. I gotta admit one of my favourite parts of this was the cheesy banter.

"Alright then let's get this party started." the girl said pulling out a gun. I felt like laughing at how cheesy that line was, but I let it go as I flew away.

I flew out of the way and came up behind her. I threw a light, weak punch, but she caught it and flipped me over. I started to get up when I hear...

"Watch out!" I turn around and she's aiming her gun at my head, but someone punches her knocking her out.

The person who helped me was wearing red and green with an "R" on his suit.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Robin." he replied picking up the robber and tying her up.

"Thank you Robin." I said while he helped me up. Even thought the gun would've had no effect on me whatsoever.

"No problem." he said smiling proudly. "See ya gorgeous." he said using his grapple hook to fly away.

----------------------------------------------

( Bonus )

J O K E R

I followed this Supergirl home knowing she would lead me to Superman. My plan was perfect. I see her fly into a house and through a window hug a man.

"Bingo." I said to myself.

"Bye bye Superman." I said laughing a glorious laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

___________________________
Cliffhanger! 😈 sorry not sorry

-supergirl