Chapter 18

I opened my eyes adjusting to the light above me. I looked at my surroundings to see that I am in the same glass tube I had been in last time. Great. I already had tried last time to break the glass so let's try my heat vision. I concentrated my vision on the one spot and the lasers shot out. After awhile I stopped to see the damage, but nothing had happened the glass was spotless.

All the sudden muffled whispers started and I heard a door creak open and two people walked in.

"Who's there?" I asked cautiously. They stopped talking, but I couldn't see who they were. The only light was above my head.

"I see your awake." an annoying voice said. Joker. "Why don't you introduce yourself." he said to the person beside him. I heard a muffled whisper come from the person beside him and he just pushed them lightly towards me. When the came into the light I gasped.

"Liz?!" I yelled and she just stood there hands on her hips. I walked up to the glass and put my hands up. She just smiled sickly and turned around and walked into the dark surrounding me.

How could this happen? I looked down at my outfit and I was in a grey jump suit. I put my hands on my face to feel no mask.

"Get her out." I heard Joker whisper to her. She walked up to me, but this time I noticed she was wearing a body suit that was green with vines wrapped around her body.

"Are you Poison Ivy?" I questioned and she just looked at me like I'm an idiot.

"No, you idiot that's my mother. I'm her daughter because she married that stupid scientist." she spat with hatred that I had never seen in her before. She pulled me out using vines and I fell to the concrete floor with a thud. I felt the vines around me and I got dragged to a chair where the constricted around me tightly.

"Now don't be afraid to scream as loud as you can." Joker said sickly.

"What do you want with me?" I asked and he just laughed his mechanical laugh.

"I don't want you! I want daddy." he said scowling at the end. I hadn't notice Liz walk away until I heard here typing at a computer.

"Everything's set." she said with a nod. I felt something on my arm, but what I felt next I would never had expected. Searing pain through my whole body. Like I was getting electrocuted by 1,000 volts of electricity. I tried to hold in my scream, but it was to hard. I started screaming a blood piercing scream.

As the pain went on I started to settle down and it was my chance to break the vines around me. I snapped them and ripped the thing out of my arm not taking any notice to what it was. I bolted it out if the warehouse smashing through a wall on my way out.

When I got outside it was dark out. The roads were a bit damp and no one was in sight. I started running and heard Liz after me. All the sudden I ran into someone tumbling to the ground.

"Crystal?" I heard a male voice say. I look up to see a surprised Dillon beside me. "Are you okay?" He asked and I just shook my head with a small smile. We stood up and he smiled. "Nice outfit." he commented and I just laughed lightly. I looked back up at him and he just looked shocked. He was looking behind me and I turned around to see what he was looking at. He was staring at Liz in her costume. I came back to reality and got in a ready stance.

"Kill him." Joker commanded, but Liz hesitated. She shot a vine at him and pinned him against a wall.

"Let's finish her first." Liz stated and walked towards me. Vines were shooting at me, but I didn't dare use my powers with Dillon watching. "Are you to afraid to show Dillon who you really are." Liz threatened. She shot a vine at him and I used my heat vision to stop it. Dillon looked at me shocked.

"You're, Supergirl." He whispered to himself processing the information. I started to use my powers and rushed at Liz. Flying with my fists forward toward her. I knocked her out cold. I heard Dillon fall to the ground which meant the vines had fallen off him. I looked around, but Joker was nowhere in sight. Then I heard a grunt. I turn around and see Dillon with a knife in his chest.

"DILLON!" I scream running to his side. Joker had ran off like the coward he is and I was left with a dying Dillon. "It's gonna be alright. Just stay with me." I reassured with tears pouring down my face.

"I knew there was something different about you." Dillon croaked. "Right when you walked in the school doors, I knew." he finished grabbing my bloody hand.

"I didn't even see you when I walked through the doors?" I muttered to myself, but then I felt Dillon's hand start to loosen its grip on mine. "Dillon you can do this. Just hold on a little longer." I reassured feeling some tears fall. How could I have been so stupid and brought him into this. This is all my fault.

He just gave me the smallest reassuring smile and I put my forehead against his. His hand fell limp in mine and his face went blank. His gray eyes were just staring ahead into the night sky.

"No. No. No. No." I said shaking his hand. "Dillon. Dillon!" I screamed and a police officer pulled me off him. "No!" I screamed as they pulled me away. Who called them to come? I didn't pull afraid of pulling their arms out of their sockets.

"Come on miss." the officer pleaded tugging me towards the ambulance. Only one thing was on my mind as they questioned me.

Dillon is dead.

_____________________

New chapter. Guess what! I have 900+ reads. Unbelievable, thank you guys so much for reading my book. Please comment. Tell me what you think of Dillon's death!

-supergirl