Chapter 26

Nothing! I couldn't find a single red dress that I liked. Raven and I had been searching for four hours and found nothing.

"Well that's all the dresses in your size." Raven said looking at me. It didn't have to be red, but all the others I saw I didn't like. What was wrong with me.

"I'm gonna try this one on." she stated holding up a black sleeveless dress.

"Yes, that's very you." I replied walking toward the change room with her. I sat down on the bench waiting for her to finish. While I was looking around I saw a girl wearing the perfect red dress! It was a perfect red and had a beautiful design that went across the front. It stopped mid thigh, but a sheer material still flowed down nicely. I instantly fell in love with it. The girl wearing it was pursing her lips while turning around. Her friend beside her was telling her how good she looked in it, but she thought otherwise.

"I don't think I'll get it." she said walking towards the change room. I quickly walked over to her cutting her off before she could get to her change room.

"Excuse me, do you think I could try that on?" I asked trying my best to sound polite.

"Sure, I didn't want it anyway." she answered smiling, and I smiled back at her. Raven came out looking stunning in he black dress that made her eyes pop.

"You look amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Well, now you have to find a dress." she said pursing her lips. The girl walked up to me handing me the dress smiling.

"I think I have." I answered smiling. Quickly walking into the change room I changed into the dress and it fit perfectly! I walked out and Raven's jaw dropped I think I even heard someone whistle in the distance. "Should I get it?" I asked and she nodded her head. Laughing I walked back into the change room.

***

It was the night of the dance and Raven came over to get ready with me. I did the hair and she did the make up.

I left my hair in loose curls, but she pinned her hair up. i sat down at my dresser and she turned me around so I couldn't see myself. It took about thirty minutes to do it, but the out come was amazing.

"You're amazing at this." I exclaimed and she laughed.

"Ok get your dress on." she said starting to do her make-up. I put it on smiling at my appearance and slipped on my sparkly gray heels with a bow on the front. The door bell rang and we both walked downstairs. She opened the door and I grabbed my phone from the kitchen.

"W-wow Raven. You look nice." I heard Johnny say. I laughed at how stupid and nervous he sounded. She went out the door and I saw Rick wearing a black suit with a gray shirt and dark blue bow tie. He was looking at his shoes probably didn't even know I was there.

"Hey, you look nice." I greeted and he looked up at me.

"You look so hot- I mean beautiful." he stuttered and I chuckled.

"Thanks." I replied blushing. We slid into the limo which the boys rented. I heard Johnny mutter something under his breath about hot and Rick smacked him over the head making me and Raven laugh although we were still clueless.

We drove up to the school and we all got out walking up to the entrance. I walked into our school gym which had been decorated with balloons everywhere and a fountain in the middle.

Rick put his arm around my waste and I smiled at him which he returned. I got pulled away by Raven and she pulled me towards the photographer. We posed for a bunch of pictures having fun. The song "Up Town Funk" came on and we both went to the dance floor and Johnny and Rick joined us. My favorite song "Drops from Jupiter" started to play.

"I love this song!" I exclaimed clapping.

"May I have this dance." Rich said bowing  dramatically.

"Of course." I whispered putting my hand in his. He put his hand on the small of my back and I put mine on his shoulder. We just stared at each other for most of the song.

"You are so beautiful." he whispered and I blushed. He cupped my face in his hands. He started to lean in and I lips met. This time I felt the fireworks. I didn't have to worry about Joker or him finding out my secret, or even NightWing. Everything was just perfect. "I love you." he said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I felt like nothing could go wrong. Everything was gonna be fine. For now at least.

THEEND