𝟎𝟑

- Pilot

-Eight years earlier

Francis and Sebastian fought with their sparring swords, both of them were holding a shield in their non- dominant hand as they fought one another. Sebastian continued to slash against his half brother until Francis was finally knocked down on the ground.

Francis groaned in annoyance looking up at his brother who had beaten him in sparring once again. Sebastian walked closer to Francis holding his hand out to help his little brother back onto his feet. Francis sighed grabbing ahold of Sebastian's hand who helped him back up.

"Keep your shield up next time. Now, come on we're practicing archery" Sebastian informed his brother gesturing towards the target that was in front of them wanting to clearly help his little brother get better at weaponry.

Sebastian had always been better at things like this because he had free will and was be able to do what he liked because he was a bastard and because he was Henry's favourite where Francis on the other hand is the future King of France and is kept close at all times.

Francis lifted up his bow as he started to aim it at the target several feet in front of them. When Francis was just about to realise the arrow, both he and Sebastian where soon distracted when Esme was heading there way on a white horse.

Renesmee hair that was formly styled in braids was now let loose as it was messed up and frizzed from the wind, but Esme wasn't that bothered as she continued riding her horse clearly showing off to the two boys who rolled their eyes at her antics.

Sebastian groaned in annoyance sending a look to Esme, " stop showing off" Sebastian complained which made Esme smile even more as she circled around the two boys with a mischievous look in her eyes.

Esme continued ridding around Sebastian and Francis clearly trying to annoy them, which both boys noticed making them share a look with a smile on their faces as the blonde boy spoke up, " Esme!" Francis wined clearly wanting the brunette to stop messing around and to get off the horse.

King Henry II, who was watching the three children, walked over with his wife, Catherine, both of them smiling in amusement at the Scottish Princess who was winding up the two boys. Catherine looked at Esme, nodding her head in encouragement to get off the horse.

Esme sighed in defeat sending a glare at Francis who smiled smugly at the brunette, the princess then climbed off the horse and handed it over to one of the stable boys before walking over towards Francis and Sebastian who was practicing archery.

Henry and Catherine moved closer as well, watching their eldest son closely. Francis lifted the bow up, notching the arrow before drawing the bowstring back. While everyone was focused on Francis, Esme walked over towards another bow that was laying around and picked it up getting ready to use it for when Francis fails.