𝟏𝟒

- Hearts And Minds

The next morning, Esme, Mary and their ladies in waiting were sat outside on the castle grounds watching Francis and Tomas of Portugal compete in an archery competition

The next morning, Esme, Mary and their ladies in waiting were sat outside on the castle grounds watching Francis and Tomas of Portugal compete in an archery competition. Francis had shot an arrow embedding it into the target causing a round of an applause to be heard.

Tomas turned his attention to his future fiancé watching her closely as she applauded for Francis causing him to clench his jaw in slight anger seeing the looks the two of them sent one another it didn't take a genus to figure out the future King of France is the man that Esme had feelings for.

"Nice shot, Tomas" Francis complimented with a forced smile on his face trying to hide his distaste for the man that would soon be engaged to the woman that he loves, " but the object is to hit the heart"

Tomas had a frown on his face as he tilted his head to the side and questioned, " is it?" Francis nodded his head in confirmation causing Tomas to let out a small sigh as he reached for another arrow lining it up with his bow.

"Is he allowed to take another shot?" Aylee questioned her friends with an confused expression on her face. Mary and Esme shared a look before shrugging their shoulders casually not having a clue before the five girls focused their attention back onto Tomas who embedded the arrow into the heart of the dummy.

Tomas grinned in accomplice but frowned at the looks he was receiving from everyone causing him to turn around to face Francis and curiously asked, " did I take too many shots?" Francis nodded his head slightly and replied, " technically, yes. Shall I take another shot too?"

Esme let out a small breathe when her brown eyes connected with Francis blue eyes she couldn't tear her eyes away from him but snapped back into reality when Francis turned around to pick up an arrow not noticing that Tomas witnessed the exchange from the two royals.

"Take as many shots as you like. You'll still lose" Tomas spoke talking about how the Scottish Princess is now his fiancé and he had a determined look on his face like nothing would get in the way of him marrying Renesmee.

Francis rolled his eyes in annoyance before lining up the arrow and shooting it towards the dummy that was in front of him embedding the arrow into the heart causing a smile to appear on Esme face as the announcer spoke up loudly, " round goes to Prince Francis. Second round, New target"

"Does Tomas seem different the last few days?A little more bold?" Aylee questioned glancing between her friends with a suspicious look on her face causing an amused look to appear on Kenna face as she added in, " more intense?"

Esme shook her head at her friends antics raising her brows at Mary who just smiled trying to hide her laughter at her sister actions while Greer sent them all a look and commented, " more mercurial, anyway." Kenna let out a scoff nudging her best friend and exclaimed, " more engaged to Esme, certainly"