𝟑𝟖

- Dirty Laundry

" Your very quiet" Francis remarked as he turned his attention to Esme who was lost in thought staring out of the window of the carriage, " are you warm enough?" Francis inquired as he wrapped the Princess up with a blanket

" Your very quiet" Francis remarked as he turned his attention to Esme who was lost in thought staring out of the window of the carriage, " are you warm enough?" Francis inquired as he wrapped the Princess up with a blanket. The newly wedded couple had been away on their honeymoon for two months and had gotten a lot closer than they were before and are more happily in love with one another.

"I just wish that we could go back to two months ago, do it all over" Esme replied to her husband with a beaming smile on her face causing Francis to chuckle with a shake of his head, " me in my wedding gown, walking down the aisle to you at Notre Dame" Francis nodded his head in agreement and told the brunette, " but instead, we have to come back to reality and that's what you're thinking"

Esme sighed in defeat with a look of annoyance on her face and breathed out, " Politics, backstabbing, murder. Just another day at French court." She then sat up straight turning her body to face her husband with a pleading expression on her face, "Francis, can we turn around and go back to the country house at Anet? Everything we felt there alone, away from court. Somehow our love seems so fragile, suddenly"

"Things are different now. We're married. The future King and Queen. My mother is no longer an obstacle. Nostradamus prophecy no longer a threat and Bash is far away in Spain" Francis spoke up gently, taking ahold of Esme hand squeezing it softly in comfort knowing how anxious and nauseous she had been recently.

Esme shook her head with a look of concern, " I hope he's safe and that he finds happiness especially after everything that happened with Mary and Elijah" Francis grinned happily as he looked down watching Esme grip onto her stomach and teasingly commented, " Well, there is something that everyone will want from us that we can agree on"

"A castle full of little royals? It's still a little early and I want to keep it a secret as long as we possibly can" Esme smiled as Francis placed one hand on her stomach and the other cupping her face as he leaned forward pressing a kiss to her lips pushing her against the window of the carriage as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling slightly on his hair kissing him back just as passionately.

Esme found out that she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and was beaming with excitement when she told Francis as he had always to start a family with Esme and now it is coming true and he couldn't be any happier. The Princess of Scotland was scared as she was still young and was surprised that she had gotten pregnant so quickly and didn't know if she was ready to take care of another person.

She wasn't sure if she wanted kids, it wasn't something that she was thinking about right now but knew it was bound to happen as it was her duty as a princess and now as a Queen. And now here she was traveling back to French court with the same faces and the same drama only this time she has her child to think about and she knew she wouldn't be able to hide it for long especially from Mary as she would know something was going on.