𝟐𝟑

- Chosen

The next morning, Esme was fast asleep in bed as she let out a groan turning over with a wince attempt to go back to sleep before she felt something touching her hand causing her eyes to flicker open with a frown on her face as she saw a pendent o...

The next morning, Esme was fast asleep in bed as she let out a groan turning over with a wince attempt to go back to sleep before she felt something touching her hand causing her eyes to flicker open with a frown on her face as she saw a pendent on one of her pillows.

Esme leaned forward picking up the pendant that was tied on some rope like a necklace with an confused look on her face as she placed it in her hand when suddenly Mary stormed into her room with a plate of strawberry's in her hands, " what's all this for?" Esme curiously asked her sister with a puzzled look on her face.

"Nothing. Just thought maybe the two of us could have breakfast together" Mary suggested with a shrug of her shoulders as she climbed onto her sisters bed sitting beside her as the two started eating the plate of strawberry's talking aimlessly with one another laughing at nothing in particular.

Mary glanced over at her sister with an confused look on her face noticing the pendant that was wrapped around her sisters hand, " what is that?" She curiously questioned eyeing the necklace raising her brows at her younger sister.

"Francis must of left it when I was sleeping" Esme stated with a shrug of her shoulders as since the other day when she spoke with the future king of France, Francis had been trying his hardest to earn her forgiveness and spending any spare time he has with the brunette.

Esme was surprised at first as she didn't expect anything from Francis and just assumed he had more important things to worry about like Olivia. But she was proven wrong and couldn't help the joy she felt when she was with him she'd never felt this way about anyone before but that's probably because she's been in convent most of her life.

The way she felt about Francis was consuming, passionate and epic and whenever she was in his presence her heart would pound in her chest as Francis made her her happy and knew there was nothing to be afraid off when regarding Olivia.

"Oh, um, Esme it's ugly. I would of thought he would of gifted you something more pretty" Mary blunted stated eyeing the necklace in distaste causing Esme to scoff shoving her shoulder gently and exclaimed, " it's the thought that counts"

Mary hummed with an amused smile on her lips before setting the plate aside grabbing herself sisters hands and  pulling her off the bed, " Right, come on let's get you dressed. King Henry will be arriving shortly from Paris" Esme let out a heavy sigh before letting her sister help her choose a dress.

After getting dressed for the day, Esme and Mary made their way outside of the castle where everyone was gathered around awaiting for Henry's arrival when the twins where met with Lola, Greer and Aylee, " join us, Kenna. We're going to greet the king" Mary spoke with a small smile on her face as Kenna was walking past her friends.