A sweet-sour goodbye

Y/n: wait...i don't get it? Why is he buying that?

Toga: maybe for you?

Y/n: nooooo, he doesn't like me

Toga: well we should probably figure that out then

Dabi freezes in the middle of the isle and looks at the entrance. He's waiting for the perfect time to strike.

*ZOOOM*

Dabi zips out the door and steals his items.

Cashier: HEY!!!

The cashier tries to catch his attention but its too late. Dabi is already running down the escalators, so you spring into action.

Y/n: Oh shi- LETS GO TOGA

Toga: Right behind you!!

You and toga sneakily follow dabi as he runs through the mall. You and toga try your best to keep up with him, but it's proving challenging.
.
.
.
.
*HUFF*
*HUFF*
*HUFF*
You and toga managed to follow dabi all the way to his house. You're both tired so both of you decide to rest in the bushes. Dabi is at the doorstep...doing nothing.

Y/n: thats the biggest workout i've had ever

Toga: iv'e never worked out soo...

Nevertheless, you stalk dabi from the shadows, watching his next move.

DABI'S POV

Dabi thoughts: alright, i got a card and stole some flowers along the way. He better like these.....hopefully

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Dabi:...wait this is my house...

Dabi unlocks the door and cautiously enters the house. It smells of his shampoo so you must be there...right?

Dabi: y/n?

Dabi: y/n!?!.....

Dabi looks through the house, checking all the rooms to no avail. He starts to panick.

Dabi: Y/N ARE YOU HERE?

Dabi: PLEASE ANSWER

Dabi closes the door and sits on his bed

Dabi thoughts: fuck

Sitting on the bed, he hangs his head in his arms. He starts to cry, softly. All his pent up emotions come out.

Dabi: i-im sorry...

Dabi: i didnt mean to yell at you...

He lays on the bed, crying a river as he holds on the flowers he got you.

*EXITING POV*

Y/n: he's been there a while

Toga: hey y/n...

Y/n: he's probbably asleep by now

Toga: y/n

Y/n: yes toga?

Toga: i know your gonna leave

There is a brief silence between the two of you. Her lips start quivering and her eyes start to water.

Toga: i just wanted to say goodbye

Y/n: toga...

Toga: you have been the bestest friend iv'e ever had. I know you're gonna run away with dabi and i wanna say thank you.

Y/n: toga I'm sorry

Toga: don't be, ill be fine...pinky promise

Toga sticks out her pinky finger as tears start running down her face. Her hands are trembling as if losing a loved one. You stick out your pinky and promise her.

Y/n: ill come get you, I promise

Toga: ok y/n, im counting on you

Toga:...im going to go now

Y/n: ok

Toga gets out from under the bushes and runs off into the night. Her silhouette slowly fades as she disappears in darkness. Tears well up in your face but you fight on.

You enter dabi's house.