That's why im here

The house is dark with only the moonlight illuminating the living room. Trash is seen everywhere as you scour for dabi inside the house. You eventually find him laying on his bed, holding flowers. He doesn't seem to notice you so you walk towards him, lightly tapping on his shoulder.

*tap*

Dabi: y/n?..

He looks up to see you sitting there right beside him. He looks weary, as if he hadn't slept.

Y/n: im sorry, were you sleeping?

Dabi: nono, im fine

Dabi: i thought you left

Y/n: I did but, something came up

Dabi: i see

He looks so detached from the conversation, like something else is on his mind. He keeps peering around the room like he'd rather be somewhere else. Its bothering you knowing that he's tucking his feelings away. You ask him about it.

Y/n: are you ok?

Dabi: yeah im ok

Y/n: no i can see it, something is wrong

Dabi: im fine y/n

Y/n: you can tell me you know. I may not look like it but im good at keeping secrets.

You puff up your chest to show him how strong you are. It makes him smile but only for a moment. You never see him smile but right now, it was something special.

Dabi: so dumb

Y/n: no im not!

Dabi: whatever

Y/n:...

Dabi:...

Y/n: so now will you tell me whats wrong?

Dabi: whats there to tell when there's nothing to say?

Dabi is not budging one bit. Thats dedication to hiding his emotions. You eventually give up and move on. If thats what he wants to say then so be it.

Y/n: okay then, i wont ask anymore

Dabi: good

Y/n: but I actually came here for something important

Dabi: huh?

Y/n: Kurogiri is looking for you...

Dabi:...

Y/n: and toga and I were sent to spy on you...and toga probably told Kurogiri where you are

Dabi:...

Y/n: and he's probably on his way here

Dabi:...

You panic as dabi now stares at the ground. His fists clench as they lay on your shoulders. You start talking fast, being afraid of what he might do next.

Y/n: i know i should have told you sooner but i also got k-

Dabi: stop talking

Dabi stares at you with those ghostly blue eyes. You can just tell he's pissed by the way he looks at you.

Dabi: we have to go ...now!

Y/n: wait like, ri-

Dabi grabs your arm and leads you to the door. He leaves behind the note and flowers as you both rush outside. Dabi walks to the neighbor's car and smashes the car window.

Y/n: DABI WHAT THE FUCK!

Dabi: y/n shutup, we can talk later but right now we need to leave, now get in the car

Dabi: please?

Time stops.

Y/n thoughts: should I trust him? After all the things iv'e been through? ....god I'm stupid for doing this.

Time resumes.

Y/n: fine, lets go

Y/n thoughts: i wont forget about you toga