6. The Park

CHARLOTTES POV

I woke up after having the best night's sleep in years. Two of my brothers cuddled into me and I smiled, feeling like today was going to be a good day. After everything, after all the abuse, the trauma, loosing Nate and the continuous loneliness that burnt in me, I began to believe that maybe everything will be ok. That life isn't as meaningless as I have become so accustom to believing.

I want to tell my brothers. I want to tell them everything, I just don't know how.

I don't want to lose them. I have lost everything already and if I lost my brothers, I don't think I could cope. I lost my soulmate, my mother, my innocence. Everything. I have even lost my brothers once; I can't do that again. I know it is stupid and I shouldn't feel anything good towards my brothers, but I can't help it.

They are growing on me.

After much of a struggle, I squiggled out of their arms and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and hair. Wrapping a towel around me, I walked into my bedroom to see both brothers gone. They must have woken whilst I was in the shower.

Walking into my closet I couldn't help but gasp at the beautiful abundance of clothes, perfectly and neatly decorating the room.

I changed into my outfit for the day. Which was a tight fitting white crop top with long sleeves, yellow plaid pants and white Air Force 1.s I finished the outfit off with gold jewellery and sun glasses.

s I finished the outfit off with gold jewellery and sun glasses

I felt like an absolute baddie and I loved it.

The outfit also fit well enough to hide the scars i wanted hidden. To be honest I didn't mind my physical scars that much, as they showed off how much i had been through and that i survived. They were my life, my story and I couldn't hate them for that.

Luckily, the scars i wanted hidden - my mental scars - were easy enough to hide. And i was planning on hiding them until I found myself a stable life and stable home. Maybe one day, that can be with my brothers.

Anyway... today I managed to dress up my outfit with a smile, not a fake plastered smile. But a genuine smile. I was smiling for the love my brothers showed me last night, I was smiling for the future, I was smiling for the faint glimmer of hope I had.

Skipping down the stairs and into the kitchen, Xavier was the only one present, I assume the rest are either still asleep or have gone out. "Good morning fratello" (brothers) I poured a glass of orange juice and popped some toast. "Not that I am complaining or anything, but What's got you in such a good mood" Xavier smiled as he stuffed his face with coco pops. "I had a good sleep, and I can feel todays going to be a good day." I responded, now spreading strawberry jelly onto my toast.

"Do you want to come to the park with me Charlie" Xavier asked, hope in his eyes. "I'd love to." I sat next to him. I grabbed my bag and threw my sketchbook in, just in case.