7. Overprotective much?

"Higher! Higher! Higher!" Toni giggled as me and Acacia pushed her on the swings. I checked my phone, and it was 5 p.m., I had been with the girls for four hours. I remembered to turn my phone off of silence just in case Xavier or someone else called.

"Charlie can we go for ice-cream?" she asked, her puppy dog eyes were too cute to say no to. "Of course, come on sweetie?" I took her hand, Acacia looked at me then came closer "I don't have any money Char." She whispered. "That's okay. My brother gave me $20 this morning" I smiled back at her.

"I can't let you pay for her ice-cream" I rolled my eyes, "I'm not I'm paying for all three of us" I grabbed her hand "come on"

When we found the ice-cream truck I ordered three ice creams. We went back and sat on a bench as we ate our ice-creams. Toni got hers all over her face and in her hair. After she finished her ice-cream, I washed her face and told her to go back to the park.

"You're really good at that, you know." Acacia looked at me, I saw a glimpse of adoration in her eyes. "At what?" I asked.

"At making my little sister smile. At making me smile." I gazed into her eyes, I felt her gaze shift to my lips and back to my eyes.

The intense eye-contact was rudely broken by my phone buzzing. I rolled my eyes and she giggled. "Hello?" I asked. "CHARLOTTE EMILIA VALENTINA WHERE ARE YOU?" I heard Ales yell into the phone. "Hey Ales, I'm at the park with Xavy. He said that he told you?" I replied, confused.

"Yes I knew that Xavier called saying you walked off." He shouted into the phone. "What? No. He went to the skatepark, so I was sat on a bench on my own for hours, I got bored and went for ice-cream" I calmly responded. I could practically hear his eyes rolling into the phone.

"Just call your brother, I'll see you at home." He hung up.

Shit.

I pulled up my phone and dialled Xavier's number. "CHARLIE. WHERE DID YOU DISSAPEAR TOO. DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?" he rambled.

"I'm at the children's park." I replied bluntly. I am furious that he rang Ales before me. Snitch much.

"Why?" he sounded like he was running.

"Because I made some friends"

"I'll be there in a second" he puffed then hung up.

"Overprotective brothers much" Acacia chuckled at my expression. "Tell me about it" I laughed with her.

"There you are!" Xavy came up to me, which I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why did you call Ales before calling me." I asked, venom laced my tone.

"I panicked when I didn't see you." he was panting. "Let's go."

"Call me ok" Acacia gave a sympathetic smile and gave me a hug, "Toni come and say bye to Char please" she called out towards her sister. Toni ran over and hugged me tightly "I'll see you later kiddo" I kissed her forehead, "Be good for your sister and your Nonna okay" I stroked her hair as she nodded at me.

"Bye guys" I stood up and walked away. Xavier tried talking to me, but I zoned him out, he got me into trouble so I'm going to ignore him.

We drove back to the mansion in silence, until I fell asleep against the window of the car.

I woke up in Xavier's arms as he carried me into my room, bridal style. "Go back to sleep sorellina" he whispered.

When I woke up again, I checked the clock which stated 9 p.m. I got up and walked down the stairs to see all my brothers watching a film.

"Hey Lottie" Enzo nodded before Eli pulled me onto his lap, "Did you sleep well?" he asked.

I nodded and buried my head into his chest and looked at the film they were watching, it looked like a horror, until Alessandro paused it and directed his attention to me.

"Charlotte, why did you leave Xavier today?" he asked sternly.

"Like I said over the phone, he was with his friends and I had sat on a bench for a few hours, and it didn't look like he was coming over any time soon." I glanced at Xavier then back to Ales "A girl came over, we clicked, and I made friends with her so me, her and her little sister went over to the park where we hung for a bit, then we got ice-cream" I ranted, I was furious at Xavier for calling Alessandro, I get that he was worried... or whatever. But he could have called me first without telling on me.

"Xavier. I don't know why you took your sister to the park if your plan was just to leave her alone. I don't understand why. Anything could have happened, whilst you were fucking around with your friends." Ales stated his tone was calm. Almost too calm.

"Charlotte, if you wanted to go walk around you should have told Xavier or you should have stayed where you were. However, it is not your fault. Instead, Xavier. You are grounded, give me your phone and keys" Ales bellowed.

"What the fuck?" Xavier stood up and threw his chair against the floor, making me flinch. Which all the boys seemed to notice.

"XAVIER! APOLOGISE TO LOTTIE THEN GO TO YOUR ROOM. I don't want to see you for the rest of the night." Ales yelled at Xavier.

"I'm 18 years old. You can't ground me Alessandro" he shouted back.

"Watch me Xavier."

"Fuck you all" he stormed out the room.

Alessandro sat back in his chair as Xavier stormed up the stairs. I looked at the floor, it's my fault they are fighting. If I had just stayed on the bench then this would have never happened.

"I'm sorry." I looked at the floor, guilt and embarrassment washed over me.

"It's not your fault bambina" Eli stroked my hair. "It is though, if I just stayed where Xavy told me then you wouldn't have argued, and he wouldn't be in trouble." I glanced up at Xander who was watching me intently, he stood up and walked towards me. I flinched into Elijah, he seemed to notice "Hey. Hey. You're not in trouble Princess, I promise." Eli cuddled me before Xander grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, I was expecting him to hit me for getting his twin into trouble, but instead he was soothing me.

I felt pathetic, Xavier should be getting soothed. Not me.

I stood up out of Xander and ran up the stairs towards, Xavier's room. I gently knocked on the door, there was no answer.

I knocked again then walked in. Xavier was sat on the floor his head in his knees. His room was upside down, his mirror was broken, his bed destroyed, there was paper all over the floor.

"I'm sorry Xavy" I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. He rested his head on my chest and cuddled into me. After a long hug, sitting in comfortable silence.

"I love you sorellina, I'm sorry or shouting and leaving you today. I didn't think." Xavy whispered. "It's okay Xavy, it doesn't matter. As long as you're okay, I love you fratello."

"I'm okay Principessa" (princess) he hugged me.

"Do you want to sleep in my room, I think your bed is in no state to sleep in." I giggled as I looked towards his destroyed bed.

He followed my gaze and nodded. I took his hand, and we went into my room. I lay in bed with him, his arm protectively wrapped around me.

We fell asleep in each other's arms, both caring and loving for each other.

I really love my family. I am beginning to not feel so alone anymore.