17. Broken

THIRD PERSON POV

She looked in the mirror and watched as her eyes became engulfed with the darkness of her past.

At this moment in time, she realised that he was the one that lifted her from the glass box, his presence brought hope and light to her life. She began to understand how isolated she would remail until it became her time to be with him again.

Slowly she shuffled towards her balcony. She needed to see him, talk to him. She missed the comfort his presence brought her.

Her heart was pining for his love. Her lips were craving his touch. Her soul was begging for its mate.

"Why did you enter my life If you were just going to leave again?" she whispered as she looked up towards the stars. Blinking and sparkling, an infinite possibilities available to her, she could do and be anything she wanted. Yet she didn't want to do or be anything. She just wanted him.

His comfort. His love. His reassurance.

The twinkles in the darkness almost mocked her. They were all together, in constellations. Forever intwined with one and other, unable to be alone.

Her eyes glanced across the sky until she spotted one twinkle, brighter than the rest. Flashing faster than the rest yet it was alone.

Like her it was alone but also like her it has the potential to thrive that way.

She didn't see it yet, but the universe had written her to be destined for great things. Great things that she needed to wait for.

Just a little while longer, just a little more pain until she could thrive. She just needed to survive a little longer.

Yet as the seconds turned to minutes. The minutes turned to hours. Before she knew it, she had been staring at the sky, her head screaming at her, for three hours.

She kept thinking that she never had realised how dependent she was on him, until he was gone. Until he left her to be a shattered version of herself. Until he left her to be forever broke.

She didn't want to leave her brothers, her new life but she didn't want to stay. She was stuck. Stuck in a cycle of constant pain, pressure and loneliness.

Her motivation to keep fighting was disappearing. She tried. She tried so fucking hard. She wanted to be okay, she wanted to be happy. She was trying so hard to be strong, but nothing was working. So, she did the only thing she could think of...

Quietly she walked back into her room, darkness enshrouded it. She sat in the middle, she seemed out of place in the space but that's what made her fit so perfectly.

She realised that she was always going to be out of place until she was with him again. Until she felt his embrace, she had no purpose.

So, there she was... Once again watching as the silver pencils turned red, as if by magic.

She watched as the crimson drops fell. She smiled... It was her painful enemy and her sweetest ally.

Thankful for the red, she tilted her head and watched. Just watched.

Watched as the red dripped onto the floor below her, she began to understand why his favourite colour was red. It was beautiful, the mottled mess highlighting her demons slowly escaping her skin.

After a while she crawled over to sit in front of her mirror, she sat crossed leg, her hands on her knees as the scarlet pigment trickled down her fingers and soaked her legs.

She tried to see herself, yet she couldn't due to the bliss of the darkness. She was for once thankful for the dark.

So, she sat there. In the middle of her pitch-black room. Tears cascading and paint spilling, she realised, maybe the darkness wasn't so cold after all; perhaps the darkens was in fact peaceful. Peace... the thing she had yearned for but had never reached. For the first time in forever, she felt that peace as she sat in the darkness... slipping in and out of consciousness.

She felt ready

Until It began to rain.

She had always loved the rain, for, when the sky wasn't raining she was alone, but when it was, she had someone to cry with. Someone to relate to, someone to drown out her noise with their own.

A flash illuminated her room.

What she saw in the mirror, for that millisecond, broke her more than anything had ever broken her before.

As that was the moment, the moment she had ruined herself.

She looked in the mirror and saw her true self. All the destruction and pain from the past had formed her into a stranger - a stranger to herself.

As she sat there, covered in blood from everything and everyone she once knew, she finally let it out for all to hear, but what they heard... was the scream of an angel taken from the light, now falling into the darkness.

An angel who was letting her demons take her.