14. I'm no snitch

Enzo walked over towards us... I gulped.

He picked me up and twirled me around "I missed you bambina, how was school?" he asked as he placed me down.

"It was ok." I smiled back at him. "Just okay?" he glanced at me. "Well, I think I did really badly on my math test, I just think I bombed it." I looked at the floor, then back at him "I made some friends though and my English teacher even asked if I wanted to join debate club." He looked at me proudly, "Come sit, tell me all about your friends and everything. Also, it was your first day so don't worry about a stupid test."

I sat on the sofa with Enzo and the boys left to take Matteo upstairs, who luckily Enzo didn't notice was covered in blood.

He made me a cup of tea and I told him all about Annabelle and Tommy, then about Emily and the three girls who name called me, then about how stupid math is.

He seemed actually interested in what I had to say, and I loved that feeling.

Alessandro walked through the door as me and Enzo were laughing, "Lottie, come to my office please." I looked at Enzo, I think fear was evident on my face. "What do you need to talk about?" Enzo asked.

"I'll talk to you later Lorenzo, now Charlotte."

I stood up and followed him into his office, the room was elegant. The flooring was black wood, the furniture was sleek black. Red accents danced around the room.

"Sit." He motioned towards an office chair which faced his desk, I felt as if I was in the principals office about to be expelled.

"Is there something you need to tell me about School today?" he questioned, I felt as if he was talking about Teo's fight. I instead, to help my brother, "I made some friends, Annabelle and Tommy. I had a pop quiz in history, it went quite well. I made the debate team. I stole Xander's soda and he huffed like a child." I smiled at Ales, who looked more than unamused.

"How about what happened after the bell rang for last period." He stated, his tone was cold and it gave me shivers.

"I- erm... I walked from Bio, found Matteo then the twins and we went to the car." I wasn't lying, I was just leaving out details.

"Where did you find Matteo?" he pressured.

"In the hallway." I came back.

"What was he doing?" he asked again.

"When I found him, there was a lot of people around. He had a nose bleed and a sore leg. I helped him until we found the twins." I looked at him, not breaking eye contact no matter how much I was intimidated.

"How did he get the nose bleed?" he bounced back.

"I didn't ask." I replied, it was the truth I didn't ask because I saw how he got it. "Why don't you ask Matteo, I'm sure he'll tell you." I smiled at him, he had both pride and anger glimmering in his eyes.

"Because Matteo will lie, I don't believe that my baby sister would lie to me right?" his eyes mirrored a smirk.

"I wouldn't lie to you Alessandro." It was true, I wouldn't lie. He just hadn't asked the right questions.

"Hmm... Was Matteo fighting when you found him?" he smirked, this is where I either would have to lie or get Teo into trouble, I wish there was a way for neither.

"When I found Teo in the corridor, there was a lot of noise and commotion. I don't really know what was going on." I looked at my knees.

"Lottie... I saw the camera footage. I know what happened." He stared at me. "I am mad at you for not telling me, however, I admire your loyalty to your brother and the way you avoided the questions was very smart. You are not in trouble, but the way you got in the middle of Teo and that boy was irresponsible. You could have gotten hurt." He began, I began twiddling my thumbs and guilt pooled inside of me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "You don't need to apologise sorellina, I'm proud of you. You are clearly a Valentino... but please just be careful. And next time wait for your brothers. I can't begin to explain how much it would kill me if you got hurt." He walked towards me and took my hands off my knee and lifted my chin so we made eye contact.

He picked me off the chair and pulled me into a hug. "You're a good sister."