Moving for Winter.

It had been days since anything has happened round here. All I do now is feed a passing polar bear a fish everyonce and a while he keeps coming back for more, I wonder where matt is if his bear keeps wondering off. Kuma sat by my feet asleep, this is the closest I've been to him without him trying to claw my face off. I had feed him some fish after he finished he shuffled over to me and laid down at my feet. I don't want to move and wake him, out of fear he might be grumpy when I do. I sat on the bench on my porch sketch book in hand, I had drawn quite a few sketches of Kuma lately and know I have no idea... What I'm going to draw.... I stared out into the woods the leaves; some where starting to turn a golden yellow, Autumn(Fall) was on its way, meaning no more hunting for a while and no more horrid gun shots.

I jumped slightily when the polar bear at my feet rose his head staring of into the tree line, can he hear something? He then laid his head back down I looked over where the bear had been looking the sound of twigs snapping was soon court by my ears. A familiar face apeared but he didn't seem at all happy "Evening" I greeted he didn't reply he just kept walking till the only thing between us was kuma, he stared down at the bear through his shades "Kuma..." he sighed "why is he over here?" he raised his head to me "um he just kept showing up, so I feed him some fish... " I replied simply looking down at the bear in qouestion. Matt didn't move "he doesn't like anyone except me...." he mumbled bending down and scratching the polar bear's ear "how's the wound doing?" I asked he stood back up and unbuttoned his shirt showing me fresh bandages "fine, I change it if it gets to bad" he grunted "good to know your coping, it would heal faster if you rest more though" I advised he only replied with a grunt leaving another awkward silence "how's the door?" he qouestioned turning his head to his handy work "Great, thanks" I smiled. He turned his head back to me, not knowing if he was looking directly at me made me feel nervous "why do they hate you?" he asked "what the hunters...?" I raised a brow, he nodded "well to be honest everyone hates me round here... because I went against their precious hunting, you should see the glares I get when I go to town"' I sighed putting my hand to my head it was giving me a headache just thinking about it. He lent against a beam crossing his arms over his chest. Kuma stood up but instead of heading towards matt like I thought he would he got closer to me placing his head in my lap reminding me of a dog, it frightened me to have such a dangerous animal act so domestic. I placed my hand above his nose knowing it was better for animals to take my scent before I stroke them, he sniffed at it then placed his head back down lazily I slowly placed my hand atop his head, the bear didn't make a noise as I carefully stroked his head.

Matt's pov:

Kuma had his head in her lap, did he really like her that much. Did she drug the fish she gave him? He was hardly ever like this what the F### did she do. It took me years to get that beast to obey me. maybe it's because I protected her that time before he thinks.... Well that's likely I've never stopped him hurting anyone before.

I let out a huff "is kuma normally like this?" she qouestioned stroking under his chin "never! this is the first time he's been this nice to someone other then me" I stated with a thrown causing her to smile "Well I'm glad, after all its not everyday you can be on a polar bear's good side" she laughed taking on stroking such an animal lightly.

"it's good to be on someone's good side for once" she sighed completely changing the mood. I gave he a qouestioning look "let's just say that wasn't the first time those hunters wrecked my place...." she put simply letting go of the bear "it's happened many times before, when I tried to get people to sign the petition, calling on of their wife's a 'bi###' because she was talking about me right behind my back literally being spiteful for the hell of it

... I really should leave this place but I don't have the heart too..." her words where soaked in anger but she slowly calmed down as she finished sadness taking over.

"I would have... " I grunted if I was in her shoes I would have left, well if it wasn't for my job I wouldn't put up with that c###! "so why don't you go and spend some time with family or something?" I qouestioned "I can't face them.... After... " she trailed off her head bent down her hair covering her face. Kuma tried to get more on her lap "gruuuuu" he grumbled. "Kuma....don't " I warned knowing she wouldn't be able to take his weight. "No no he's fine" she mumbled letting out a little hicup as she stroked at him more "he's only trying to help" she was crying wasn't she, I didn't say anything to make her cry did I? I recalled the conversation, her family. "I'm sure what ever you did wasn't that bad" I tried to reason "Oh but it was" she sobbed "they must hate me". Oh well done Matt you made it 10 time worse, what am I spouse to do... "well me and kuma are moving for winter soon so if you want...." I rubbed at the back of my neck awkwardly and stared at my boots, what was I saying she would never wanna stay with me. She's sweet and all but not that sweet to just make a stupid decision lik.... I raised my eyes to be meet with happy (E/C) she was staring at me a small smile on her trembling lips as she rubbed away at her tears, the damn bear was giving me a stare too "you could come too" I finished

Her face instantly lit up. "I'd love to, getting away from her would be heaven!" she smiled through tears. Kuma let out a happy rawr, stupid bear. "How long till we go?" she asked over excitedly " um I was thinking of leaving in 2 or 3 days" I placed my hands in my pockets. "That's plenty of time to get ready" she responded "only two bags" I sighed remembering last time when I let Oliver over and he turned up at the airport with 20+ bags. She nodded "I'll probably only need one" she reassured everything seemed fine again well intill I heard a gun shot kuma truned his head, worry fell over her face. "I have to go" I growled, stupid hunters. "Bye, don't get hurt and just turn up when you wanna leave" she called as I stromed off into the woods I picked up my hockey stick from the tree I laid it against and head towards the sound.

_-;-_-_-_#_#_#_#;(:-:?:6'@?

Sorry it's so late but really F###ing busy stressful week. Anyway it hasn't been completely spell n grammer checked yet though I will be on that tomorrow, I hope you enjoyed and like this chapter even though it's a bit odd for my normal writting style. Anyways thanks for waiting and sticking with it!