Work

I placed my hand under my chin an lent on it holding my tea in my other hand I heard a tap of a plate and a drag of a chair I slowly opened my eyes to find a plate full of pancakes he sat across from me, he was pouring maple syrup all over his own plate. There where some things set out on the table such as lemons, suger etc. "Cheers" I thanked decorating my pancakes "You'll be coming to work with me" he stated I gave him a curious look causing him let out a sigh "We're low on people today also I'm sure you don't want to stay in here everyday " he explained through a mumble. Oh well I owe him one anyway for the whole holiday thing he's offering me here to be fair, I thought we'd be moving some where that got hotter not colder but I don't really mind as long as I can relax without the fear of someone kicking down my front door.

"Here!" he chucked a big fluffy coat at me. It was way to big but I slipped it on anyway. I wish I could eat more of those yummy pancakes rather then go outside. Kuma lent on my leg as I thumbled with the buttons it was hard to get the bottom one that was by my knees. I had soon finished and looked up to see the Canadian smirking again, I stuck my tongue out at him grumpily. He chucked a hat on my head then opened the door the cold hit me like a slap to the face. I slowly shuffled to the car and took my place is the passenger seat. Kuma jumped in the back and Matt of course was driving. I felt myself slowly getting warmer now in the shelter of the car. I watched as the snow covered trees passed one by one soon enough dotted about cabins came into view and a massive lake half made of ice. Soon the car jolted to a stop "Stay here" Matt ordered leaving and going into the biggest cabin a canadian flag hung from it flapping in the breeze. The cabin looked old but you could tell by the colours of some of the wood in places there had been extentions added over the years.

I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a yawn slightly bored. I could hear kuma in the back grumbling away and fidgeting. Soon he came back out with a man following him out. A Big warm coat laid across the man's shoulders and a hat strapped around his head. I watched them both they where chatting away as they came closer to the car "The others should be here soon glad your back we need the man power" the man spoke with respect and a nice smile "well I'm glad just to be here" he was smiling at him, he was giving him a proper smile, never since I've met matt has he smiled. I haven't actually seen people smile in a long time it made me feel happy myself. I didn't realise that the man was staring at me he must of seen my looking or staring considering I kinda zoned out. I withdrew my eyes forward slightily embrassed. They where both right by my window now matt had his hand the door he opened it. I looked out at them "This is (F/N) she patched me up after I got shot in the ribs" Matt jestured at me "Hey" I greeted "Nice to meet you thanks for fixing up my buddy he's a bit bad at thanking overs" his voice was happy and joyful he reach out hand towards me I gave it a firm shake "I really didn't mind he helped me too by fixing up my door so i can't complain" I smiled back at the man "I heard you'll be working with us today, well we're planning on clearing more ice from the lake so we can fish later on" he explained I've really done anything like that before "Ok..." I repiled not really knowing what to say.

Matt and the man chatted away about how the wild life was doing as I sat there listening "We've had some troubles with hunters in the north killing the deers we've tried out best to reason with them but they won't listen" I understood exsactly what he meant and it relaly did relate to me "That's what most hunters are like they don't just hunt for food any more" Matt sighed soon enough some more people showed up. "budge along to the middle " Matt said to me I undid my seat belt and sat in the small middle seat of the pickup the jolly man from before got in where I sat before and Matt got in the driver seat. I felt slightly awkward sat in between them both I buried my head in my coat slightly. All the other men got in the back with kuma making sure they kept there distance from the bear which I found a tad funny. Matt started up the engine. I'm not really sure if I'll be able to do this kinda work , it's to late to quit now anyway. "So did you use to be a doctor?" the man asked surprising me slightly "Well I was training to become one" I anwsered respectfully not really liking the subject "Oh why did you stop?" he just had to ask that horrid qouestion I wanted to ignore it so badly but I didn't know what to reply with . I didn't want to tell him the truth it was to painful. "She doesn't like that subject" Matt bluntly replied for me, I mentally thanked him "Sorry I didn't know you should have said something" he apologized he was way to nice to a stranger he'd only just met it made me feel slightly uneasy but at the same time to trusting. "Um may I ask your name?" I qouestioned wanting to refer to this jolly man by a name but also not wanting to fall into an awkward silence. "I'm know as chief Bear but you may call me Bear" he smiled "chief?" I didn't understand does he mean like of a tribe "Yes I'm the chief of the village we stick to the old customers of the tribe the village a originated from" he explained I nodded showing I understood I'd never met a Chief before of any tribe. "He doesn't seem like much of chief though" Matt smirked I thought he was being rude intill Bear nodded "He's to much of a softy" one of the men shouted at the back grinning they all laughed "Can't disagree there" Bear chuckled.

We where of road driving through the snow on a hardly visible track. We parked right next to two cabins by the massive lake. Everyone got out and headed of to them. I stayed behind with Matt "So um want do I do?" I asked not really sure of the situation "I'll teach you how to use the equipment in a minute" he mumbled.
(yeh definitely late out... Sorry it's hard thinking what to do for this story )