BRING HIM CLOSER TO ME

Beth's POV

It's been a week and I feel better. Numb and alone but I know I will get through this. I know I will see him again. That's my hope, I dream about it, about hugging Maggie and singing to Judith. I have to be strong. If this is it, I'm not going down without a fight. I learn that from my father and from Daryl. He showed me you have to keep moving no matter what.

I clean and help with random stuff. I have one goal in my mind: to get out of here. Dawn is the boss in here but to be honest she makes me laugh when I think about how cold and ruined this place is compared to my family out there. Rick made us stay together and we are a family. And the most ironic thing is we only run but at least we had each others back and I rather be out there with them than here. I may have food and a bed but Dawn has not made a home out of this place at all. I pity her.

- If you're done with that, please go help the doctor- Dawn orders me and I'm not even replying. - Did you hear me? - She grabs my arm strongly and I glare - I'm not deaf and I am only helping until I leave, so don't go and try to give me orders like I was one of your muppets because I'm not! - I say and rage burns inside of me. Dawn surprises at my words - Who do you think you are? We saved you! Don't dare talking to me like that, little girl! - She yells and I am not backing down - I'm not a little girl. You may think I am, but I am strong and you will see that- I look at her eyes and I can see how frustrated she is. Out of the bloom, she hits me hard in the face again and I laugh. - That's what you do when people stands up for themselves?- I yell - If you think this hurts, try again... - I walk closer and face her - Be my guest, let me show you how many punches I can take! - I say angry and Dawn looks away - Go and help him, I'm not having this conversation with you- She mumbles and leaves.

There. She can punch me all the times she wants but I'm not falling. I made a decision. The one that Daryl would have wanted me to: BE STRONG. I don't care about this place and I'm not staying. I will see him again and I have to be ready because I want him to be proud of me. I want to show him how he changed me for good. I want to thank him for taking care of me and even when he said he felt worthless, he must know how much he means to me.

Noah is nice. He is the only one that tells me what is going on in here and he wants to get out too. I will help him because right now the ones left need to know humanity is not completely lost. Sometimes thinking maybe he is looking for me makes me smile. Because I know Daryl and I know he won't quit... That's why I won't either. I remember our talks. I know how alone he feels because I am alone now too. But not for long, God help me but I will find a way out to him. Noah told me about the elevator and we will get out of here soon. I have no time to waste on tears or fears. I'm a woman now. They don't get to judge me, nodoby does. Even though I'm a prisoner here, I never felt so free in my whole life.

The doctor lied to me and a man died yesterday. He trick me and I know he killed him because he was a threat but I'm not paying that price. That's on him and Dawn. Just to think how much good Rick and Daryl could do in this place makes me feel better. I'm tired now. But it'll be over soon. I have been training myself for that moment. Every night before I fall asleep I promise him: I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN. And now I can't be more sure.