RETALIATION

I'm putting Judith to sleep when a loud siren sounds from outside. I run to the window and my heart stops. We're being attacked... and they are not walkers. I safe Judith hiding her where Rick told me and run outside to find the town being destroy by men in dirty clothes. I make my way to where Daryl had hidden a gun and take it. As I go out two men try to attack me but I fiercely fight back and do what I have to do: kill them. I can see they have a W on their foreheads.

Carl runs into me - What is going on? Where's Judith?- He is just as shocked as me - She's safe- I grab his arms and he nods - Where's Maggie? Carl, I need you to find somewhere safe and if you bump into these monsters, run- I am serious as ever and he nods running away. I knock some of them and there are bodies everywhere... blood... everything we have been hiding from came back to us. The sound is annoying. I stand in the street where people screams and run for their lives and I hold my gun shooting someone who was about to attack a child - Are you ok?- I ask and the little girl nods - Run home and hide fast, you don't look back, ok?- I say and she runs inside.

-Rick!- I shout at the edge but he's not fucking replying. I must draw them as far as I can. That is the plan. I pray for Beth to be strong and I know my girl had grown to be strong as ever. - Daryl- Sasha calls me as if I am in a nightmare. Yes fucking way I am. -What should we do?- She asks me and I say - Let's keep rolling... Rick will take care of the ones set lose- And I make a sign with my hand to roll again. I start my bike and we're on the task again.

-Beth!- Maggie yells and I shoot a man before he attacks her - What is going on?- I ask and she points to a truck crashed by the side of the watch tower - That is where the sound comes from, Beth... I will drawn walkers, we need to hurry- She says and we run together. My pregnant sister has to go through this because of mean people. I guess Daryl was right. I find no sense in what they are doing to the town. Fire everywhere is suffocating. The town beautiful as it was, it's destroyed. - Maggie, I need to look for Carol and Michonne, we need to get this people out of here- I say and she nods - Go, Bethy, please be safe- She hugs me and we cry - We don't get to be upset, Mags- I remember daddy's words -We all have jobs to do- She says and we part ways. I wish Daryl were here.

I have to fight again and I'm struggling since the man pulled me to the floor. I won't go down like this. I have to see him again. He's laughing at me and I fight as I can - Leave her alone now- I hear a voice out of nowhere and I can see it's Morgan. The man backs down only to find a fight against Morgan that refuses to kill him. -Run now- He says to me and I run away.

I trip and one of the W people help me up - Carol? - I ask and she hushes me since we're on the spotlight. She drags me apart and hands me a black hoodie - Put this on and here... - She turns a corpse around -Write a W on your forehead, Beth- She says and I stop for a minute - This is the only way to safe what we can- She almost begs- You know what we need to do under attack - I nod firmly and reply- Retaliation- I paint my forehead with blood and disguise myself. This is for Daryl, Maggie, Rick, Carl, Judith, dad, this is for us. I am ready to fight for them and our future. Carol and I walk into the streets and we fight. After losing count of how many people we killed and safe, the siren stops. -Maggie did it- I smile and run to find her.

When I get there Rick is standing there- Where's Daryl?- I ask and my heart sinks - I- I don't know, Beth... -He says sweaty and covered in blood - The radio doesn't work, I lost contact a while from now- Rick says but I refuse to let this go. I take the radio from him and yell - Daryl.... Daryl... I love you, please be safe and do what you have to... We'll find each other- I say and the radio is dead now. I fall into the ground and Rick holds me.

I listen closer and it's her. My girl is alive. I try to reply but it's useless. I take a deep breath and keep going. She promised we would find each other and this is a vow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a chapter to go... The end is around the corner... Will they find each other again?

Stay around.

X

M