GOING BACK TO THE START

- Keep Beth safe! - I beg almost shaking to Sasha. Walkers are everywhere and I can see Rick is yelling at Glenn. - Too many of them! Maggie, keep your head up!- He says ripping a walker's head as I leave my girl lying there in the middle of our circle.

I have no time to waste. We are all fighting to stay alive and I can see Carol is kicking asses as usual. -Daryl, watch out! - She screams and I instinctively get down and kill a walker that was about to bite me. Out of breath, I nod to Carol as we keep fighting. I glance at Beth from time to time. I won't let anyone hurt her anymore. I rather die myself than to lose her. -We need back up! - Rick yells as some guards are staring from inside the building but not risking anything.

This is it. I have to think fast. I turn my head and remember there is an alarm set in the building. - Cover for me! I have a plan! - I yell at Rick and he nods. I don't even have time to think, pointing my bow at a hole in the glass door, I aim and shoot straight into it. The sound is louder than I thought but it works. Yes! The walkers start to head inside the building but  the door is closed, I did not see that. Jeez! I'm about to snap when Carol shoots and breaks it into a thousand pieces, she is paying back their debt for being such pussies. I glance at her and she rolls her eyes motioning for me to go ahead. I run to Beth and we slowly move away from the place as the walkers are now more interested in the screaming guards inside than us.

-Everyone good?- Rick asks and they all nod - That was a clever move, Daryl- He smiles to me and we're all out of breath. I nod and Maggie hugs Beth tight crying. I step back for a second. She needs to see Beth is alive. I understand her. Maggie barely spoke about Beth to anybody except  me. Maggie loves Beth and she was afraid. She feared she might lose her as I did. Though I always blamed myself, she never did. Now we have Beth back. As we reach a the bus, I place Beth on my lap - You'll be fine, baby- I whisper and Maggie smiles - I knew it- She says and I roll my eyes - I was worried because she's family- I try to sound not like a teenager with hormones rushing at the fucking speed of light but Maggie keeps staring at me - Who knew? Daryl Dixon actually fell in love!- She chuckles and I just try to hush her - Just, shut up! Yeah... I won't deny it but don't turn this into a fucking TV drama, for God sake!- I pout softly and she covers her mouth - And even quoting God? My little sister got you bad! - Maggie won't give me a break and to be honest we're both so happy she is here, I couldn't care less at the time.

-Is she ok?- Abraham asks me while he drives the bus and I nod. - Thank you- I say to Carol and she half smiles, knowing I am tired as hell but more alive than ever. - Nice touch- I ad and she shrugs - They had it coming for not being polite to us, Pookie!- I laugh and even Rick stares - That was insanely brilliant. You have two lovers now, handsome?- He mocks me and I shake my head. Why is everyone so surprised at the thought of me being able to love? They do have a strong point. Nobody knows what Beth and I shared when we escaped the prison together.

- Let the man be- Tyresse says and pats my shoulder - Glad to have her back and you, dude- He smiles and I nod - I wouldn't have it any other way, since you're all staring at me as I'm a creep, I do care, morons!- And they just burst into laugh. The conversation turns to Sasha and Bob, Beth is right. We have to fear humans now. Walkers are not enemies anymore. That's when I get it. She gives me hope in my world full of bravery that wouldn't have a meaning without hope. I used to fight to stay alive. Now I fight to be able to have a life. There's a big difference.

-It hurts me- Beth wakes up suddenly and I rush to ask Sasha for her pills - Here- I help her take them and caress her head - Maggie? - She asks and Maggie cries reaching for her hand - I'm here, Beth... my little brave sister- She says and Beth smiles weakly - I missed you- She says and the sound of her voice calms us all. We got family back. We have to celebrate that cause we don't know who's going to be the next to go. - Thank you, Daryl- Beth says and I smile - Anytime, blonde- I smirk like a fool and she caresses my face. Peace. Shit, I needed this.

When we're reaching the church, Abraham stops the bus abruptly and Rick is in shock - Walkers are dead beside the road and some are trying to get in- Carol says and Beth gives me the strongest look ever - Let's kick some asses- She says and to that we're ready for another round.

Thanks for reading... Only 6 chapters left. 

We're rolling high with it!

Please vote and comment, I love the feedback!

All the love. x ~ M