RED CODE

BETH PVO

I never been kissed like that! I mean... this is messed up! Daryl's here! OMG. What if they find him first? I need to think straight but no... HE KISSED ME! I punch my own head trying to come back from whatever that kiss what. I dreamt it. That's it. He ran away and I was so high on him, I just imagined the kiss. The siren is still on. Music to my ears... NO. That means Daryl is in danger and now he relies on me to fix this. - Beth, pull yourself together!- I whispered when suddenly someone opens the door. 

- Dawn wants to see you now! - He yells at me and I just do what I always, I nod quietly. I notice some of the guards are talking about an officer down to walkers. I wonder if Daryl was involved. Who am I kidding? I smile a little while I'm being escort to Dawn's office. Dawn looks so worried. I have never seen her like that. Not even when I left Noah go. -Beth... there's a situation- She says as I slowly sit down on the edge of the seat because this time, I actually care about what she has to say.

-Yeah, I heard the siren...- I mumble trying to look naive - Is something wrong or have you handled this? - I admit I am enjoying this. If Dawn thinks finding the intruder alias Daryl Dixon is a good idea, she's freaking nuts. - Someone is in here... That person killed one of our own and now is in the building as we speak- She sits in front of me and bites her bottom lip, nervous - Why are you saying this to me? I said no to you- I shrug because I don't like the way she's staring at me. She moves a little bit closer - Nobody has people on the outside, Beth... you do- She is deathly serious and I keep breathing as cool as I can - You don't know that, the people can be dead as far as I know- I spit this out and ad - Besides, if they left me out hurt for you to save me... Do you think I would want to help them? - I sigh because this is as far as I can lie without telling her how much I would do for them, for my sister, Judith, Rick, all of them and most of all... for the intruder. 

DARYL PVO

She's smarter. She's a fucking quick thinker. And she did this on her own. Shit, I'm so fucking proud. She remembers everything. She remembers me, why? OH FUCK. She remembers the kiss. I hit my head against the wall. -Why on earth I did that?- I mutter to myself. But damn, it felt good, it felt right. She's out there again and they will put her in the spotlight. What if they knew I was with her? My brain is going to blow up like when a bullshit walker is stabbed. 

I stand still when I hear someone at the door. Beth told me nobody uses this room but again they would check it anyways. At least a smart leader would do that. I just want to punch them til they bleed, take Beth and get the hell out of here. I am sweating still as fuck. I'm not nervous because of me. I'm because of her. My eyes shoot right to the door handle since it's being unlocked. This is it. I hide carefully behind a big medicine sideboard and hold my breath. 

- She's losing it. I tell you, she can't hold this for much longer- A guard speaks to the other that flash a lantern - I know. She's obssesed with Beth, that poor girl was found in the side of the road, I mean- He replies and I clench my fist in anger. I will make her forget she ever met my girl. - Dawn's being a freaking bitch, well more than usual- The other says and I slowly hold one of my arrows in my hand. - Nobody's here... this room is empty- The taller says and suddenly a rat, a fucking rat makes a loud noise and the officers spot me. Show time.

BETH PVO

- I have nothing to do with this and you really think this siren will do something else that draw walkers in here? - I ask standing up and she mutes it instantly - Lock youself in your room and if I need you, you will come, no matter how late or early- She demands and I nod. As I turn to leave she pushes me against the door hard, grabbing me by both hands - If you do have something to do with this, I swear Beth, I will blow up your mind- She is bruising my wrists and talking so close to me - Let me go! - I yell and for a second, her hand is on her gun. She will shoot me, that's how she says that is not a lie. - You're hurting me! - I pout and she releases me - Get out!- She yells and I just rush to open the door as another officer enters. I have to listen. I slowly sneak through the door and I'm so scared of what I hear. I have to warn him. That's my only thought as I run through the hallways. 

DARYL PVO

One of the guards attack me and I battle back. SHIT. We're making too much noise. I struggle and knock him down and as soon as I see the taller one grabbing his radio, I rush to him but he's knocked out and falls to the ground. I'm breathing hard and Beth is standing there with a gun on her hand. It's not my imagination. She is there. She runs to hug me - Daryl, you have to get out of here now! - She is begging and I just brush her hair while I hold her - Beth, stop! Look at me - She looks up and those green eyes are my fucking reason to get going. - Dawn said she would blow my head if I'm envolved but I don't care- She is shaking but it's fear this time. - I will protect you, Beth. She won't hurt you!-  I say but I don't take the gun from her, she might need it. I want her to feel better but my mouth keeps saying bullshit. - If someone spots you, the red code is on- She says placing a hand on my cheek and I lean to her touch - So what? - I half smile but she doesn't - It means you're dead, Daryl... Please, get out of here! - She is breaking up and I won't let this happen. When I'm about to hold her again, a woman's voice is heard loudly - PUT YOUR HANDS UP NOW! - Dawn yells, aiming her gun at me and Beth looks fucking frightened. I mutter - I'm sorry- And I turn her around pointing a gun to her head. - I will shoot her! Don't move or the blonde is dead! - I yell to sound pissed and I am... at Dawn. Still Beth is the one in the middle again. 

 Thanks for reading the story that should have been. I am so thankful to everyone of you. I'm now writing a plot twist about how things evolve at Grady's Memorial. Hope you like it.

Goal: 200 reads per chapter. 20 likes. We have to keep this rolling. ;)

Until the next update! x M