NOT ANYMORE

BETH PVO

I am mopping floors again and my head hurts. Yet I noticed Dawn looks at me differently. I don't know if she hates me or respects me now since I set Noah free. I have been quiet and I try not to speak at all. I just nod to reply or shake my head. - Dawn is looking for you- One of the officers says and points directly to her office. Maybe she needs a punching bag again, though I been clear she can't hurt me emotionally.

I walk slowly and knock though the door is opened, I haven't lost my manners. - Beth, come in- She smiles and I take a step in but keep my distance - I need to talk to you- She says and points to the chair in front of her - I'm fine standing up, thanks - I say and she nods not taking her eyes off me. What a creep. I can see her standing up and leaning to her desk. I wonder what does she have in mind now - I wanted to offer you a deal- She says and I look at her - You don't have anything I want- I cut sharply but she smiles - Beth, you surprised me and yes, you let one of my best people go but somehow now I see you were indeed stronger as you claimed- She says crossing her arms and I don't know whether to punch her or walk away. - What do you want? I am not playing games with you- I glare and she nods - I understand you feel bad and I'm sorry I treated you like I did- The nerve she has - You mean how you punch me everytime I speak my mind? Because I'm sure I told you: you don't own me at all, Dawn and certainly I am not afraid of you like the rest!- I am pissed and freaking tired of her. Dawn steps back and I realize it is because of my tone - Beth, we can be in good terms... That's why I am offering a deal because you earned it- She says and I somehow remember how lucky I felt when I shared my first drink with Daryl. That, I fought for because he was worth it. This is nothing like that but maybe I need to keep my enemies closer and be more Daryl than Beth. - Talk- I say and she half smiles - I want you to be my eyes out there- She says and I cannot believe her - You don't trust your own people?- I ask and she seems nervous - Wow! Turning tables, boss?- I chuckle and she shakes her head trying to hide the fact she is nervous - I just need someone like Noah. He was my guide and well, you proved you're up for it or more- She says and I understand now. I can't help but notice the difference with Rick, he would never doubt his family and this bitch, yeah, bitch is asking me to be something I'm not - What makes you think I would want to help you? You really think I would help you by betraying the people that relies on you?- I am being loud - No, Dawn. I am nothing like that and I will never be like that so get this clear: this is what you have: them! - I point out -If you think there's more outside, you're wrong, sick wrong. This is it, this is what you get. Nothing else!- I am yelling by now and she is staring at me freaked out - No, you don't know- Clearly she's in denyal - I know and you're screwed just to think help its on the way- I turn around and before slamming the door, I say - Open your fucking eyes for once!- And I storm out. I am sick of this. I am tearing up and I just want my family back.

I start running towards my room when I notice it's opened. - Perfect- I pout since maybe Dawn set me up just to mess with me. I grab my pair of scissors and quietly I enter slowly, prepare to fight but suddenly the door slams shut and an arm covers my mouth so I can't scream or move - You're not on your own... Not anymore- I hear a voice behind me and I drop the scissors fading weakly.