Chapter One - Regrets

Six buried her face in her bright yellow raincoat as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. She hadn't felt emotions in so long that they seemed to be coming out. It wasn't that she was awfully depressed, but she had so many regrets that it was insane to her. Currently, the only thing she didn't regret was getting that dark power out of her body.

Six tried her best to stop her crying, for she didn't want anyone, or anything else to hear, but her emotions were overcoming her actions. She wiped her freezing tears away, although it was pointless because more would just keep flowing down.

Suddenly, there were loud clacking footsteps. Six froze immediately, her breathing shaky. The tears weren't gone in any way, but she didn't let out a sound. She couldn't risk it. Six had recently gotten to the top of the Maw, where she thought there were no dangerous beings. But still, some creatures patrolled the top of the Maw.

Ever since Six had gotten to the Maw, she had been getting a bit bigger, in height. She was larger than any Nomes, so she knew she was getting bigger. And because of this, she had less hidey-holes to hide in. Currently, she was hiding herself inside a dark wooden box, the only safe place on top of the Maw, at least, the only safe place that wasn't at the top of the lighthouse.

Six, in a whole, had become much more scared and frightened ever since she let go of the dark powers that she had extracted from the Lady. She didn't want those powers. She had lost a close friend because of them, and she had just became more and more gluttonous because of them. She may have needed them for survival, but she had lived off of her wits before. But even then, the music box gave her a dark power.

But Six had to do this. It was necessary.

The footsteps came closer and closer to Six. She flinched in fright, but not enough to move the box. The footsteps stopped right beside the box. Six slowly lifted her hands to her mouth to make her breathing much more quiet. She couldn't let the creature, whoever it was, hear anything. For all Six knew, it could have been the Janitor or the Twin Chefs.

Then the lid was lifted with a loud creaking sound. Six covered held her breath and closed her eyes in fear. From the figure she had seen, the Janitor was the creature there. She didn't dare make a sound. The Janitor reached his hand into the wooden crate, moving his hand about. First, it touched the side of the box, then Six's hood, Six's knee, than the other side of the box. The Janitor grunted softly and walked away from the crate after putting the lid back on.

As soon as Six thought that the Janitor was far enough away, she inhaled deeply. She had been holding her breath for too long. She breathed in and out multiple times, attempting to catch her breath. She told herself that she would be okay. She wouldn't get hurt unless the Janitor heard her.

Six slowly lifted the lid of the crate up, looking around to see if the Janitor was gone. It didn't seem that the creature was present. She lifted the lid a bit more, doing so quietly, as she looked around in every direction. The Janitor was nowhere in sight, so Six assumed that it was safe for now.

She moved up and out of the box. She had gotten much bigger, about average-sized, at least the same height as the Janitor. As a kid, she would be small. But she would keep growing and growing until when she would be an adult, all grown up.

Six looked around. Still, there was no one. She picked her fet up out of the box and stepped on the stone cold surface of the Maw. But she was used to it. She had been there for years now. She was in her earlier teen years. The sun felt warm though, and Six loved that feeling. It was one of the multiple reasons that she had a lighter. It made her feel safe.

Six walked around the surface of the Maw, curious about her surroundings. To the day, she still had never been inside of the giant lighthouse on top of the Maw. She wanted to go up there so badly, but she had no idea what awaited for her. But maybe this day could be different. She could go up there, think about how to get her life straight, although there were some things she couldn't change.

Six slowly approached the entrance to the lighthouse, both trying not to fall off of the boat and trying not to alert creatures that would harm her. She neared the door and noticed a sign. It read "The Lady" in dark marker. Six shrugged a bit. It didn't seem that there was anything stopping her from entering other than a sign that others would follow. Six looked around once more, making sure that no one could see her. She didn't see and creatures of any kind, so she immediately pushed open the door and shut it quickly behind her.

She took a few breaths in, listening through the door to make sure that no creatures heard the door slam. She didn't hear any grunts or groans from the terrifying creatures, so she walked away from the door and sat on the bottom stair of the lighthouse. She exhaled deeply. The rush of adrenaline in her system was large, so she sat on the stair, breathing deeply, trying to calm herself. It had been a long time since she was alone on a journey. Before, she had Mono. But she practically left him for dead. And throughout this journey to get to the top of the Maw, she not only had her Shadow self from some kind of other world, but also obtained the powers of the Lady. Now she had given all of them up, and was alone.

This was where her fight started.