Chapter Nine - Dreams

"He's dead.", Mono said aloud, addressing the obvious. Six nodded, unsure of what else to do. The two stood there, staring at the Hunter's dead body. They did so because they were unsure of what else to do. Sure, they were the ones responsible for his death, but they still felt that they had to have a small moment of silence. Mono rubbed one of his arms nervously and poked his head into he cabin. Six noticed his actions and continued to do the same, trying to see what he was looking at.

Mono seemed to be staring at the stacks of dead creatures in the corner of the room. He flinched a bit at the sight of it. Six wanted to scream in fear, but she held it down. There was no point in screaming at the sight. Mono continued to walk into the cabin, waving a hand, signaling for Six to follow him. Six did so, but stayed behind him. She didn't want to be the one to deal with something jumping out from the darkness. Even if Six was behind Mono, feeling safer doing so, she still didn't let her guard down.

Mono and Six went through every room of the cabin. They didn't find anything unusual. At least, nothing unusual in their nightmarish world. There were multiple dead bodies in each room. There were bits of skin and blood everywhere, which sickened both Mono and Six. In a few rooms, there were extra guns and weapons. Mono decided to take a few and put them in the bag he was carrying around. As Mono and Six traveled through the rooms of the cabin, they realized that the coast was clear. They went back to the porch once more to make sure the Hunter was still dead, and he still was. He hadn't moved a bit.

Mono decided that him and Six should stay in the cabin for the night, because not only were they both tired because it was so late, but they were also tired from the fight that they had when defeating the Hunter. Six agreed with Mono's decision. The two decided that the attic was where they would rest, since it was the place where there were no dead bodies. Mono found a few pillows that weren't made out of skin and brought them upstairs for him and Six to use to sleep.

Mono sat down on a pillow, back leaned up against the wall. Six sat beside him, looked at him, and smiled a bit. He looked back at her and chuckled. "What?", he asked. He kept on adjusting how he was sitting, trying to make himself comfortable.

"This.", Six simply answered. Mono looked at her with a raised eyebrow, wanting more of an explanation. So Six continued. "Us just hanging out. Working together. It reminds me of when we were kids. When we didn't have much to care for other than each other." Mono smiled in response to Six's thoughts. It made him smile as he thought about how right she was.

"Yeah. I personally miss this.", Mono replied with a short yawn. Six chuckled a bit at his yawn. Mono looked at her confusedly.

"Your yawn sounds kinda funny.", Six said with a laugh. Mono lightly hit her arm playfully. Six lightly punched him in the arm back.

"Well I don't exactly sound like an angel.", Mono responded. He then closed his eyes and leaned his head into the wooden wall behind him, attempting to rest. Six sighed a bit as she tried to do the same. But she huffed aloud as she suddenly banged her head on the wall.

Mono leaned forward and looked at Six. He had a look of concern, as if to ask if she was alright. Six looked back at Mono with a look of disappointment. "This wall isn't comfortable.", she grumbled loud enough for Mono to hear. Mono began to laugh at her words, tears almost forming in his eyes.

"Well, of course it's not comfortable! It's a wall!", Mono said as he continued to laugh. Six rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Mono began to slow his laughing, not wanting to make Six mad.

"Okay, look, you're sitting on a pillow. How about, instead, you lay down on the floor and rest your head on the pillow?", Mono said, trying to conclude Six's problem. Six attempted his conclusion, but was now complaining that her body was sore. Mono rolled his eyes a bit and sat his fedora down on the floor beside him. "Alright, if that's not comfortable enough for you, I dunno what to tell you." Six sent a mini-glare up at Mono, growling under her breath. Mono just chuckled at her.