Chapter Four - The Man In The Hat

A/n : Two chapters in a day, LET'S GO!
Also, thanks for all the support!

* * * * *

It had been quite a while that Six was the Lady, the one in charge. She was able to handle any situations that came up, and when someone needed help, she'd get involved. If she was going to be a ruler, she wanted to be a kind and caring one. Six was maturing as she had taken role as the Lady. Ever since she became the leader around the Maw, she had also been getting more of her memories back. But she also lost a few as well. She gained memories about her time with that kid with the bag on her head. But she lost memories of the kid as well, such as his name.

Six had decided to get rid of all of the mirrors in the Maw. She didn't want to see the wretched reflection that never failed to stare back. She didn't want to see the face of a gluttonous person of betrayal. Even if Six did always wear her mask, she still didn't want her mask to look back either. It just reminded her that she had become that creature that she had once battled. The creature that she once, and still did, despise. Six didn't want to see it.

Six was in her room, brushing her hair softly as she hummed her three-note tune. The same tune that the Lady once sang. Six felt that the song was calming, which was a reason that it was one of her music box's tunes. She had taken off the mask because she wanted to feel a bit more comfortable. She didn't want it rubbing on her face and making her itch uncontrollably. She didn't dare look in the shattered mirror in front of her, but she was thinking to herself much too much to think about it.

Six was thinking about her memories that she was gaining. Mainly ones about the young boy with a paper bag on his head. She remembered that the boy had protected her, saved her, talked with her, helped her so many times. She remembered that the two of them had killed a creature before. She remembered running from one. She remembered being captured by one, the boy saving her. She remembered screaming, being terrified by one. She couldn't remember the creatures, or exactly what conversations her and the boy had because it had been so long ago, but she remembered him.

Suddenly there was a knocking sound on the door. Six didn't exactly cared who it was, but she wouldn't be rude. "Come in.", Six said as she placed her mask on her face. She turned away from her counter and shattered mirror to see the door opening. The Janitor came in through the door with a slightly annoyed look on his face. Six was curious at so why the Janitor had came to her and what he seemed to insanely annoyed about. Then again, the Janitor always had a look of annoyance, so she just wondered what was going on.

"Uh... Miss Lady?", the blind creature called out as he stretched out his arms to find her. Six stood up and walked towards the Janitor, practically striding until she was directly in front of him.

"I'm right here, Mister Janitor.", Six said calmly. The Janitor jumped slightly on his short legs and made a sound of surprise. He had not been expecting Six, or as he knew her, the Lady to be directly in front of him. He shook the surprise off and looked up to where he had heard her voice, which was close enough to Six's eyes. She chuckled a bit at his actions, but she understood why he had to do it. Even if the creature had once chased her, she was beginning to understand him.

"I'm just here to tell you that a man is outside this room. Said he wants to speak with you.", the Janitor informed. Six was now curious about the situation. "I think he's tall. From where I heard his voice, he was much taller than me, maybe even taller than you. When I told him to follow me, his steps were slow in a way. Do you think that you might now him?"

Six was unsure if she knew this man or not. But she was extremely curious about the person. Six thought for a moment, wondering to herself who the figure was and if she should let them in. Then she came to a decision. "Alright, bring them in.", Six said with a sigh.