Chapter Six - Start Of A Journey

A/n : 1K READS?! THANK YOU SO MUCH-

* * * * *

"Mono, what are you doing?", Six asked, an eyebrow raised. Mono's smile seemed to fade. He glanced back down to the mask in his hand and back up to Six. Six hadn't completely minded that Mono had taken off her mask, but she was new to it. She rarely took her mask off anymore, especially around anyone else. But this time felt different. It was her best friend. He had seen her face before, but they were kids when so happened. They were adults now, and Six had never felt this way. She never felt so comfortable with her mask off, but didn't feel so uncomfortable with it at the same time.

"I.. I was just taking your mask off. I...", Mono stuttered out, nervous to say anything else. He now felt that he was just invading Six's privacy, which made him feel bad. He thought that he had been doing something that was good for Six. But now he felt as if he had personally embarrassed her in a way. He looked away, embarrassed at himself. He placed a hand on the back of his neck. Six began to speak, wanting to say something to make Mono feel better, but Mono cut her off. "I'm sorry."

Six shook her head intensely, grabbing both Mono's hand and her mask. "No, no, no, it's okay. Don't apologize.", Six assured Mono. She didn't want her friend to feel bad or ashamed in any way. She was the one who felt bad now, for she had made her friend feel bad. "I'm not mad, don't worry. I'm sure that you took off the mask for a reason." Six wasn't sure what Mono's reason could be, but she was sure that whatever the reason was, Mono wasn't trying to embarrass to be rude to her.

Mono chuckled a bit, looking down at the floor. "I... I just wanted to see your beautiful face.", he muttered, daring not to make eye contact with Six. He felt that it was such a cliche line to say as he said it, but he meant it as well. He thought that she was truly beautiful, no matter was Six thought. "You're just insane to want to hide your face." Six felt the heat as a red tint came across her face. But she decided to ignore it and walked away from Mono and over to her counter.

"We have to get ready.", Six said, trying to get away from the awkward moment. Mono nodded in agreement as he set the mask next to Six and walked out of the room, also wanting to pretend that it never happened. Six sighed a bit as she rested her head in her hands.

She looked back up to the mirror to see her hideous face stare back. She felt that she was hideous, that she was disgusting to look at, for her face showed no good. Maybe to others, she looked like a beautiful woman, but Six knew to never judge a book by its cover. She judged a book by its contents, and she felt that her's were pretty terrible.

Six picked up her brush, looking away from the mirror. She brushed her hair, calming herself. She glanced down at the counter, where her mask lied. But she wasn't sure if she wanted to put it back on. She felt more free without it. But at the same time, she didn't want others to see what lie underneath the mask. She set the hairbrush down and lifted her left hand up. She wrapped her fingers around the side of the mask, picking it up. She placed the object onto her face.

* * * * *

Mono walked through the multiple halls and paths of the Maw, searching for things that he and Six might need on their mini-journey. As he walked, he thought to himself about the things he had just done.

How could I be so stupid?!, Mono thought to himself. He decided not to speak aloud, considering that it would most likely distract or disturb others that were working. Why would I take her mask off like that? I should've just left it alone and respected her privacy! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Before long, Mono arrived to the room he wanted to get to. It was a sort of supply room that one of the Twin Chefs had informed Mono about. Not only did it have food supplies, considering that the Guests would need something to eat and the Twin Chefs would need something to cook, but the room also contained weapon supplies. First Aid Kits. Survival tools. It was mostly exactly what Mono and Six would need on their journey to stop the time loop.

Mono walked into the room, lowering his head to get through the doorway. As a child, he had never expected to get so tall. But now not only was he tall, but also much taller than the average being. Mono walked over to a few of the boxes in the corner labeled "Food Supplies". He kneeled down to the sets of boxes and began to rummage through them. He knew what kinds of foods he liked, but he wasn't completely sure about Six. But from what Mono had observed many times before, it seemed that Six would eat about anything. Mono picked up a few pounds of meat and placed it into and empty box. With that, he added assortments of fruits, vegetables, and a few bottles of water. He placed the box full of supplies next to the room's entrance.

Mono then moved over to the next batch of boxes in the room. It was labeled "Survival Tools / Weapons". He began to observe and pick out the multiple choices and contents in the boxes. He found another empty box and set it beside him. He then pulled out a few things from the boxes, most of which he put in the empty box. He decided to keep a dagger, an axe, and a hammer to use for weapons. He then picked up a few slightly useful things, such as a lighter and flashlight. Mono examined the contents that he had chosen to put in the previously empty box and was happy with what he kept. He set the box beside the other that was beside the door.

Mono finally came to the stacks of boxes labeled "First Aid". In the boxes were some cases with contents that would be useful. But many of the cases seemed to have different contents within them, so Mono decided to check many of them to see which contents were the most important. He decided to keep a few rolls of bandages, some sewing material (for any major cuts), and some Band-Aids. After choosing the few and putting them into yet another empty box, he set it next to the doorway. He quickly realized that he had gathered all of the things they might need and found a large bag that was holdable. He dumped the contents that he had collected into the bag and held it up, smiling with a touch of pride.

Mono then walked away from the room, shutting the door closed behind him. He continued to think to himself. About what creatures he and Six were now. How their journey would go. And what their relationship was. If they were friends, not friends, or...

Mono shook the thought off. He went back to simply thinking about the journey ahead of them.