Chapter Seven - Televisions

Mono had quickly rushed back to Six's room with all of the supplies that they would need. Meanwhile, as he was making his way to her room, Six was preparing a few things of her own. She decided to keep her hairbrush with her, for the action soothed her, calmed her. She packed a few sets of clothes for herself, in case Six had any time to change after a hard fight, if any. Six didn't really care about what Mono might wear, considering that she didn't even have any clothes that she could pack for him. She also kept the mask on her face. In some ways, she had been comfortable with it off, but in other ways, it simply felt wrong.

Mono knocked on the door lightly. "May I come in?", he asked in an extremely polite way. Six was surprised at him, for even she wouldn't have thought to knock before going into any place. She never had as an adventurous child, never needed to in the lighthouse, and certainly never did as her role as the Lady. Six let out a loud "mmm-hm" sort of noise, letting Mono know that he could come in. Mono then opened the door, ducking then looking around a bit before setting down the bag that was flung over his back onto the floor.

"I got a lot of things, all of which were able to fit into the bag!", Mono said with a prideful smile. "I got a lot of food, weapons to fight off anything dangerous, and a few First Aid materials in case we get hurt." Six smiled at Mono and chuckled a bit. To her, it was as if the two were kids again, fighting off whatever was in the way of freedom. Mono looked up at Six, Six looking back. It reminded her of a time when they were young, when they first saw each other. Suddenly, Six was having a flashback.

Six breathed deeply as she crawled through the sticks, vines, and roots that lied under a large tree. She had just gotten out of sight from the Hunter, but was not yet safe, per say. For all she knew, the Hunter could still be looking for her, or just waiting for her outside the tree at that moment. Six's anxiety grew as she neared the end of the small hole. She looked up, picking herself up from the ground and onto her feet. And to her joy, there was no Hunter there.

But something, or rather, someone drew Six's attention. She noticed a figure that was about the same size as her up in a tree. The figure sat on a tree limb, their shadow in front of the moon. The figure then looked over at the tree hole she was in and perked its head up as it realized Six was there. Six then studied the figure's features.

The kid seemed about the same age as her. It looked to be a boy. He wore some sort of paper bag with two holes cut out on his head. He wore a shirt, pants, and some sort of long jacket, all of which were brown. It occured to Six that maybe it was a favorite color of the boy's. On the other hand, the material to make the clothing might've only been that color. Six couldn't have any possible idea. The boy tilted their head a bit as they seemed to be studying Six as well. The two looked at each other for a minute or so. Six was happy to see another human being, but it didn't exactly show.

Suddenly the Hunter appeared in front of Six from behind the tree. Six let out a loud gasp and stepped back a bit, but it was no use. The Hunter had already seen her. He loaded his gun and kneeled down in front of Six. Six trembled inside her greyish blue clothing, her breathing trembling. Just as she thought that the Hunter would kill her, he instead began to reach out for her. Six closed her eyes and held herself. She then felt the Hunter's hand wrap around her, lifting her from the hole. He then took her to his cabin and locked her in a room, until soon, the boy with the bag came along.

"Six, are you alright?", Mono asked. He was in front of Six, waving his hand back and forth in front of her, attempting to catch her attention. Six blinked multiple times, looking back up at Mono. The same eyes she had seen in the tree hole. Mono looked at Six, concerned for her. "Six?" Six looked around as she was coming back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm fine.", Six said, nodding the situation off.

Mono looked over Six's shoulder to see the small bag of objects that Six had packed. "What's that?", he asked, one eyebrow raised. Six turned to see what he was talking about, and once she realized what it was, she turned back to him to answer his question.