Chapter Twelve - The School

A/N : 5K READS?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Also, Happy Easter!

*******

Six and Mono began to slowly walk towards the large building that the both of them remembered, the horrible place of the School. The rain became a bit lighter, at least normal rain. It was no longer pouring, and the lightning and thunder had stopped. Mono and Six stared at the School, progressing towards it at a faster speed. The rain ran down Mono's face, both his and Six's breathing becoming more and more rapid. Six's face was protected by the hat, but rain still got to some of her body. The two slowed as they wandered into the playground of the School.

Six looked around. The ground was dirt, wet and soggy from hours, possible days, of rain. The trees were dead, as always. The playground equipment was soaked, but still somehow not broken or rotting. The area was dark, but nonetheless, was the playground of a school. Six was intrigued by it all. She had remembered the joy of being a child, playing as a child, even if there weren't many of those moments. She began to lose her vision, lose her thoughts. She was fainting. "Mono...", she said softly, but still caught Mono's attention. As she fell, Mono caught her, dropping to the ground, lying Six's head on his lap.

Mono and Six ran quickly, their footsteps wet and clacking in the rain. Mono adjusted the bag on his head and wrapped his arms around himself. He held the light brown jacket of his right to himself, his breathing wavering. Six followed, arms raised above her head, keeping herself covered from the rain. She came closer to Mono, trying to stay warm and away from the rain. They slowed down and stopped as they came upon what looked like a playground of some sort of school. Six looked up at the building.

The building was large, like some sort of mega-mansion. On the very top of the building, there was a large clock, which seemed to tell the correct time. But Six wasn't sure. There were lines of windows on the dark brown, almost black building. There were lights that came from some of the windows, others darker or no light at all. There were two large doors as an entrance with large intricate doorknobs. Yep, it was a school. Around Six and Mono, in the playground, their were tons of playground equipment, things that normal children would play on.

In one area, there was a metal slide with a metal base. In sunny weather, it would burn in fifty kinds of ways. But in the weather that was always current in Pale City, it wouldn't hurt in the least other than the joints that held the slide together. In another area, there was a swing set. The light breeze blew on the swings, lightly pushing them back and forth as if there was a ghost in the very seat. And there was another piece of equipment, one that caught Six's attention. It was a seesaw.

Six made a small sound of happiness. She walked over to the seesaw, her footsteps pit-pattering through the small rain puddles. She giggled a bit as she made her way to the left side of the seesaw, the side that was already on the ground. She held onto the handle and sat on the end of the seesaw. "Hey!", she called out to Mono. Mono had been checking out the swings but immediately walked to Six when he heard her. Six pointed to the other end of the seesaw, a smile growing across her face. Mono smiled back as he realized what Six wanted to do.

Mono jumped up to grab the other end of the seesaw, his bag bouncing a bit. He gripped onto the other end as gravity began to pull him and the right end of the seesaw down. So, according to the laws of physics and gravity, Six on the left end of the seesaw went up. She made a happy sound as she went up, a whoop. Mono laughed a high-pitched laugh. Six smiled as she heard his voice. Neither of the two talked a lot, so they liked hearing each other's voices when they did.

Mono climbed onto the right side of the seesaw. He gripped onto the handle and looked up at Six. Six smiled and gave a nod. Mono pushed his feet up, the seesaw doing what it was created to do. Six then pushed her feet up when she got to the ground. The two continued to do the two things back and forth. Six let out a few whoops of happiness. Mono did the same, full laughs coming through. The two did that for a while before quitting. Mono was the first to get off, Six following along. The two crawled up to a window in the school.