08

"How's school? I heard you guys went to nationals." You looked down on your food and took a small portion to eat. You didn't really want to attend this 'family dinner' but you had no choice but to do so.

"It was okay, we won't be able to do it without the help of our teammatesd though." Atsumu said, while he's brother was busy munching on his onigiri.

There were no any emotions void on your face. You looked so dull, but since you weren't that relevant in their conversation, it was fine. No one would even gave you a glance anyways.

"Y/N, how's your extra classes going? I heard your grades are doing well, that's great." You heard your grandma say. You were quite surprised to hear that from your grandma since you don't quite talk about your school in front of your parents.

"I'm quite doing fine, nothing to worry at all." You said using your low tone while looking down at your food.

"Good, I met your teacher at a café once and we became quite close, so don't let me down." She said and you just muttered a short 'yes' and continued eating.

After the suffocating dinner you had with your relatives you went inside your parent's car and sat at the backseat and opened your phone.

You then remembered that you'll need to tell your parents that you'd be home late starting on Monday because of manager duties.

Once again, you sighed you didn't want to be a manager in the first place because of the responsibility that would weigh on your shoulders. Plus you still have extra classes to attend to every Sunday evening.

The team was so kind to you and you didn't want to lash out on them. It could also be a way for you to escape the rash critiques of your family.

As you were about to open your phone your mom and dad rode the car. Your dad opened the engine and went on the road to go home.

There was nothing you could hear except from the engine of the car. You then decided to approach them to tell them about you joining the volleyball team or more like Mei signing up for you to be Nekoma's manager.

"Ma? I'd be going home a little late than usual starting next week. I signed up for the volleyball club as a manger." You said your mother than looked at you shortly and nodded.

"Okay, just make sure to balance your time with your studies and your club." She said and you nodded at her remark.

You opened your phone and played terraria to pass time. Shortly after playing you then reached home. You excused yourself from your parents and went to your home to take a short bath before sleeping.

While you were on your bed you checked your phone for notifications from the group Kuroo added you for their practice schedule. Nekoma practices every Saturday and Sunday morning up until the afternoon. Since you were now their manager, you also needed to attend each of their practices and also practice matches with the other teams.

Also, Mei offered you her help since she was the one who signed you up for this. She badly wanted to sign up as their manager but she can't because she's already a badminton member, just on a short hiatus.

After checking your notifications you plugged your phone and went to sleep.

As you took a bite on your toasted bread you opened your notepad and wrote the things you needed to do. After that you placed it on your table and took a bath.

You wore blue jeans and a long-sleeved buttoned shirt that was light blue in color. You grabbed your extra bag and got your phone and other stuffs that you'll need.

While you were brushing your teeth before heading off, you heard your phone buzzed and saw Mei's message.

From: Tatsukawa Mei
To: Y/N L/N
Subject: Goodluckk!!
Message: Hi lovee! Goodluck on your first day as a manager hihe~ Just text me if they ever bother you I'll kick their asses for you hihe! Take care of yourself okie? Luvyouu! 💖💘💞💝💗

You smiled to yourself as you typed back a reply. Mei was the best friend you could ever had. Sometimes you worry about her because you never saw her woes. But you know that behind those flashy smiles you know that she's hiding something.

From: Y/N L/N
To: Tatsukawa Mei
Subject: Goodluckk!!
Message: Thank you Mei. Take care of yourself too and don't be stupid. Ilyt.

After you brushing your teeth you wore your socks and your white shoes to match with your outfit. You tied your hair in a ponytail and headed out.

When you arrived at the gym you saw the team and they waved over you and you waved back smiling lightly at them.

"Let's start!"

a/n: i published an oikawa fanfic but
i'll probably start it after this one.