09

"Not bad for a first timer like you." Coach Nekomata said while he was looking down at the notes you wrote from their plays.

"Thank you. If there are any issues regarding it I'll try to fix it as soon as possible." You said as you fiddled with your fingers behind you. Coach then nodded and bid goodbye to the team with the clipboard on his hand.

You then sighed, the tension from your shoulders disappeared as you took a long sigh. You reached for your phone to look at the time when you felt a particular shoulder was leaning against your's.

"Y/N!! How was your first day? Did someone here bother you?!" You then looked at the person behind you and saw Mei behind you wearing her badminton uniform.

"My day was absolutely fine not until you came." You said as you placed your phone back to your bag.

"Come on Y/N! Don't you miss mee?!" She said and pouted you then rolled your eyes and smiled.

"We just saw each other yesterday, Mei." You said and she just continued on complaining how she missed you.

While Mei was busy messing with the others you helped them clean up since it was already almost sun down.

"Thank you for helping, Y/N! I can't believe those first years just left like that." Yaku said while he was drinking on his bottle.

"Er? But Y/N-chan said she can handle it?" Lev said while he was scratching his head in confusion.

"I swear to god Lev and this is why you don't have a girlfriend." Yamamoto butted in the conversation.

"Its fine, besides I know Lev is already tired because of practice." You said and smiled.

"Y/N-chan you shouldn't baby them they'll end up becoming lazy." Mei said which I paid no mind.

"Its really fine anyways you want to go to our usual place?" You asked Mei she then nodded her head happily.

"Sure!" She said while she was smiling happily.

"I'm sorry for this Y/N-san and Mei-san." Akaashi said while he was pointing towards Bokuto who was eating in front of you two.

"Oya? Are you guys not hungry?" Bokuto said while he was munching on his fries. You just shook your head in opposition to his question.

"Ne, Bokuto-san wanna go to the manga bookshop next door?" Mei said while she was eating her burger. You looked at her, eyebrows raising as if questioning her.

'Are you really just gonna leave me here?'

'Relax Y/N-chan! I'll ask Akaashi-san to go with you at the bookstore.'

'No thanks, I can handle myself.'

After having a telepathic like conversation with Mei through your eyes, you looked at her as if you're trying to kill her. If only eyes could kill.

"Sure! How about you Y/N-chan?" Bokuto said. You then shook your hands immediately.

"No thanks I still need to buy things for my classes tomorrow." You said as you took a sip from your drink.

"Akaashi can go with you since he also need to buy a pair of scissors since Konoha lost it." He said. While you were sipping on your drink you looked over Akaashi and saw him looking at you he gave you a small nod and a smile which made your cheeks blush a little.

You immediately looked away trying to hide the light red hue from your cheeks. You put your drink down and grabbed your phone to see a notification from Mei.

From: Tatsukawa Mei
To: Y/N L/N
Subject: [Empty]
Message: why u blushing lololol *insert lenny face

From: Y/N L/N
To: Tatsukawa Mei
Subject: [Empty]
Message: shut up, why are u messaging me anyways were just literally beside each other

From: Tatsukawa Mei
To: Y/N L/N
Subject: [Empty]
Message: then why'd u reply :3

As you closed your phone you looked over Mei and saw her snickering you just sighed to yourself and excused yourself to go to the bathroom.

After a short toilet break Bokuto and Mei decided to go leaving you and Akaashi all alone, with each other. It was a moment of silence until you two decided to head up to the bookstore and quickly go home.

"So Y/N-san how are you?" Akaashi asked you, breaking the awkward atmosphere between you two. You felt yourself calm down from his soothing voice.

"Fine, I guess? How about you?" You asked back at him and smiled lightly while looking at the road.

"I'm fine. Good things will come Y/N-san." He said you looked over him for a bit and looked up and smiled.

"I guess so."