Chapter 42: The Roost

By the time the trio made it back tot he ship all of there stuff had been unloaded.  A small group of servants were standing around waiting for instructions.  Naturally Adar took the lead "Please take these to the Rebel Lily.  Make sure nothing is lost and you will get a bonus."  He flipped the men each a coin and then with bright faces they quickly got to work.  

"Something to remember both of you, tip the workers that do stuff like this well and the job will be done much much better."  Winking at Yina he chuckled at the eye roll she shot back at him as the two moved quickly to the dragons.  

Both of them were fast paced to walk up to their respective dragons and quickly rub hands down there necks.  Yina had hated not being able to be with Nyssa a lot recently and it seemed like this city would not allow them to be around each other at all times either.  She would have to find a way to deal with this.  

Tyn, watched them his shoulders a bit slump as again he was left out of what was going on.  The young man could not even begin to understand what kind of bond and relationship the two had with their dragons, but regardless he was very jealous of it.  

"Come on Tyn, you are riding with me be faster to fly."  He explained as he motioned for him to come over.  Adar's dragon gave both of them a look of a bit disdain and Nyssa let out a small dragon chuckle at this.  

"You be nice, Tyn is a lovely human."  Nyssa shot at the dragon through her laughs, whatever the two had communicated with that the others had missed must have been something quite funny.  Tyn slumped even more as he moved over and was unceremoniously lifted onto the dragon by Adar.  

With a quick burst of power Yina landed neatly on Nyssa's back and scratched the back of her skull causing her to shudder a bit in pleasure.  It was nice to feel safe at least for a little bit after so long on the run.  With a quick hand movement Adar signaled them into the air and they took off up into the air. 

The view was even better then Yina had thought it would be as they were now so much closer she could see how every few blocks was a gap connected by chains.  The water could be seen through the gaps it was like a jigsaw puzzle that was not quite put together.  The view was quickly destroyed as four dragons flew into few.  

Each one of them was amazing, the first was a brilliant red dragon, a more vibrant red then Yina had ever seen.  Even its eyes shone with a light almost like they were smoldering coals.  The second one, was breathtaking, instead of scales the dragon was completely covered in multicolored coral a red and blue set of horns spiraled out of its head like a rams.  

The other two were very similar, almost identical.  Both were a dark cobalt, each of its feet were at webbing that in between them.  It was clear that they were water dragons of some kind which made sense with you know a whole city floating on the ocean.  These two dragons did not have any horns but instead had two frill fins two going down 

"Speak your business."  A very low and commanding voice stated as Yina's eyes snapped up from the dragons to their riders.  They were all wearing the same uniform, navy blue jacket and pants.  The speaker who rode the red dragon had pauldrons of glimmering silver on his shoulders.  

Astir moved up closer to the man speaking, Adar nudging Tyn and putting his hands up, looking a bit confused the young man followed suit.  "We have just arrived and have papers, I am taking these dragon's to the Rebel Lily's roost."  Adar stated calmly and with as much commanding presence as the other man.  

"Papers."  Was all he said now bored with the whole interaction as he moved dragon up next to Astir and the two dragon's naturally shifted the beating of their wings so that they could be close to each other but not actually hitting.  Yina watched the interaction with fascination as Adar tossed the identification towards the commanding officer. 

With a deft snatch he had them in his hand and quickly looked them over before tossing them back.  She was sure that if not for the enhanced reflexes that the bound got this would not be a possible feat.  "Orr, Rel, show them to the roost."  He waved a hand dismissively as him and the coral dragon dove away from the group.  

With little actual communication the two waved the forward and turned to head deeper over the city.  Shrugging Nyssa and Yina followed after figuring that it would be fine to take the lead on this.  The city just grew more and more fascinating at they past a series of sections that were covered in lush greenery.  

"Ooo what is that it smells great."  Nyssa stated breaking Yina's focus on the large park that this floating city had created for itself.  L:ooking in the direction that she mentally knew Nyssa meant her breath caught.  A large building that covered the entire several blocks its little island was made of stood in front of them.  Yina could make out that it was their destination as a elaborate lily made out of wood coated the wall of this side of the building.  

The guards flew past it though, diving a bit sharply as they did this.  Nyssa feeling a challenge accelerated and dove after them with Astir right behind them but much more fluidly.  With a screaming Tyn gripping onto Adar's neck with a death grip.  Adar's face twisted in a bit of pain as it was hard for the man to breath at this point.  

Exhilarated by the dive Yina just smiled as they cleared the building and pulled up hard as they saw what was before  them.  Another island but this one seemed to be a cave entrance.  "Thats the smell other dragons."  The purple dragon stated with excitement as she followed after the two cobalt dragon's with more earnest.  

Once inside the cave though, it was clearly not a cave.  Light flooded the place as they landed multiple paths lead from this with writing above each one.  "This way."  They stated at the same time moving down the path that stated registration.  Each of these paths were large enough for three full grown dragon's to walk side by side.  Registration was quickly they just had to give their identification and fill out a few things and well pay a hefty sum.  

Luckily for the group Adar had copied all of their money and they had plenty to last them a good long while.  After that they were lead down another path that stated Roost, which well seemed a bit self explanatory but whatever.  This path sloped down and after what seemed like a hour they arrived at the bottom to find huge massive room.  

Around ten dragons could immediately be seen flying high in the cavern looping and round and just flying about.  "This is where the dragon's exercise, since its only those bound to people its obviously pretty save to let them wander.  However any misbehaving tends to get them kicked out as well and this is the finest establishment that we have."  A cobalt guard stated as they continued the trek to a offshoot.  Looking at a piece of paper she had received and a interesting disc that had a dragon on one side and a number on the other they pushed down another tunnel.  

This one just had numbers on it and the disc she had was in this tunnels range, she assumed Adar's was as well.  A few minutes later and they were at caves that had her number.  "This is where you dragon will stay, its a larger cave then normal since both of your dragons will be staying in here."  He explained.  

"The disc if turned will break into two separate discs, attach one to your dragon.  Only someone with that disc can enter this cave."  He demonstrated by trying to go through the open area and a force field pushed him back.  "Keep half for yourself and half on your dragon, this will allow them to come and go as well as keep unwanted people out."  With that they two left having fulfilled their duty.  

With deft motions the two attached the disc's to their respective dragons and pocketed theirs walking in leaving Tyn to wait outside.  The cave was well a cave, it was the perfect temperature though and had bubbling hot pool for them to lounge in.  "Astir here will show Nyssa the ropes, we have used this place a lot."  Adar explained as he gave his dragon one last wistful pet and headed out.  

"If you need me call."  Yina stated giving her dragon a huge hug.  "I will come down everyday I promise."  She hated this so much.  With one final wave they trio left the cave. 

Tyn whined, "Please tell me we don't have to make that terrible walk?"  He did not have enhanced stamina and the group  had traveled a long way.  

Ruffling the young man's hair Adar laughed.  "Of course not, they have lifts.  We are actually directly under the Rebel Lily now."  He explained as they made it to another part of the large cavern and they got into a lift that quickly rose them up a shaft towards the surface.