Chapter 33: Momentary Relaxation

The long hot bath was almost magical to the worn out dragon binder.  This was the first time that she had actually looked at the clothes that Adar had left for her, and honestly she was tempted to go shock him to death.  By the time she stormed back into the room her door had been fixed and Tyn's light was on in his room but the door was closed.  

"Excuse me, what the hell is this?"  Yina demanded holding up the dark blue dress in her hands.  "Is this your way of being fun."  Lightning crackled in her other hand, as much as she hated the dress she was not going to destroy it that was just plain wasteful.  

A deep sigh left Adar as he stood up from the desk.  "Yina, we need you to blend in better.  A woman wearing clothes for battle is going to draw attention.  Plus when we get a ship we do not need them thinking we are runaways, you looking like the rich woman you are will make things far easier."  He rolled a coin from one side of his hand to the other across the knuckles.  

Growling deeply she glanced back at the dress, "You know I hate that you are right."  Yina admitted, but I am wearing my other clothes under it, if a fight breaks out this is coming off."  Shoving her way through the door to her room she sat the dress to the side slipping into normal clothes.  

A plain crepe shirt and a pair of black pants provided her the simple comfort of not being dolled up like she used to.  Granted any chance she had at home she would switch to a more commoner look.  By the time she walked out Tyn was in the common room eating hot food.  "Where did you get that."  Her mouth watering by the smell of it alone.  

"O they brought it up for me, I ordered it when I got out of the bath."  Very little time passed after he finished his sentence and the next piece of meat was in his mouth.  Some of the meat juices running down his face.  

Before Yina could say another word a knock on the door caused her to jump into a battle stance. Adar passed her laying a hand on her shoulder, "You sure are jumping tonight."  A quick glare met his comments as he went to open the door.  A servant was holding a large plate full of food handing it over.  

With a few coins slid into her hands the servant bowed and scurried away.  "I ordered us food as soon as you got back wanted to fresh."  Adar stated sliding it onto the table.  "Tyn mentioned you love blackberries, I asked around they had blackberry tarts."  Tyn in the background gave a bit thumbs up his mouth still full of food.  At least all the cuts on his face and arms seemed to have healed thanks to that healing solution.  

"Thank you, both of you."  Sitting across from Adar's normal spot she pulled over the slab of meat and all the blackberry tarts digging in, barely taking a break to breath.  This was far better then dehydrated meat and bread that they had been eating over there travels.  Yina had not really even thought about how hungry she had been.  

Tyn and Yina spent the next half our just eating whatever they could find, Adar having bowed out much earlier.  He had been able to have a consistent diet unlike them so he did not have a ravenous appetite.  

"Hey Adar, can you take me to see Nyssa?"  She had just finished another blackberry tart and was leaning back in her chair stuffed.  A small bit of the jelly still on the side of her lips.  

Standing up he walked towards the door, "Sure, its not that far away either."  He strapped on a short sword she had not noticed him having before.  Giving herself a small shrug she figured he had bought it, since she did not see his giant pole axe.  

It was night out now, and the cool breeze from the ocean felt good as they walked next to each other.  Adar naturally being a bit closer then one should, being all protective over her but that also made sense can't get paid if she died on him after all.  

"We have to be gone by midday."  Yina stated in a hushed tone in case anyone was following them or trying to listen in. 

A misstep was all that Adar showed as he was taken by surprise by her words.  "Why do you say that."  He reached an arm around her and pull him into his side.  "In case we are being watched."  

Drawn out silent minutes passed before Yina spoke again.  "I have a ally who tipped me off, they will be her by midday and it will be a large force."  Hopefully the man would take the hint and not try to drag out who this informant was, not even Tyn knew who was really helping her.  

Lips in a pensive state he opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it.  Taking a deep breath he turned a corner the dragon stables up ahead.  "Fine we will get a early boat out, your secrets better not endanger us."  Was all he said on the matter as the two pushed through the front doors.  

Warm air slapped into Yina as she was caught off guard but of course very few dragons she knew of liked the cold.  It looked like a ordinary building to her if not a little bigger then others.  Adar waved to the man behind and desk and with a slight nod the two were let to enter unrestricted.  

"They do not screen very well."  Yina mentioned looking back at the man at the desk.  To think that anyone could walk in her and potentially hurt her Nyssa anger her a bit.  Luckily for Adar he was not still wrapped around her or the slight lightning that raced around her body would have shocked him.  She needed to stop letting it reveal her emotions like it was, but she was easy to anger and well that was not good.  

Very apparent eyes were rolled as Adar looked at her.  "It is not lax, I use this place a lot so he knows me.  They are quite guarded plus they are dragons, and if one were attacked I am sure the others would defend unless told not to."  Pushing through another set of doors led to a bowl in the ground with stairs leading down.  

Mouth open a bit in surprise as the scene, it went down deep into the ground to allow for plenty of room for the dragons.  A few smaller ones were even flying around above them.  "It is quite a sight."  Adar added moving them down the stair towards the base area.  "There is also a path over there that leads to a cave in the cliff side."  Adar explained pointing to a large opening.  

"I would never have thought of a place like this being here."  It took a bit for her to close her shocked mouth.  

"Most cities have something like that, at least bigger ones do that is.  Since this is one of the few big port cities it needed plenty of space to house tired dragons that have come from the sea nation."  Adar explained, a flash of blue light distracting both of them.  

Lightning slammed into Yina causing her to shift into lighting as the bolt slammed into the wall leaving a slight scorch mark.  In the wake of the blinding light Yina was on the ground with a very happy Nyssa on top of her licking her face one before wrapping her wings around her.  

"I missed you to Nyssa."  Yina stated giving her a few rubs and pats on the neck before pushing her back so she could stand up.  Adar's dragon came galloping after panting a bit.  

"She says your dragon is a handful, but grateful that she zipped away to meet you, she was worried."  Adar stated with a smile giving his own dragon a few chin scratches.  Several other dragons poked there heads out of stalls chomping on some food only slightly interested in them.  

Dusting herself off she had the biggest smile on her face.  "I am surprised there are so many here to be honest though."  This was probably why she did not see nearly as many in the capital either, she was pretty sure she had heard they try to avoid that.  Having large places like this to store them and access to a way out of the city made a lot more sense to the young woman.  

"Well, I hope you like the ocean, hopefully we will be sailing out bright and early in the morning"  Yina sent mentally to her.  The two stayed with there dragons for about another hour before deciding that sleep was something both needed badly especially if they got caught in town after midday.