Chapter 19: Smuggled

"So first, the payment."  Vabur stated holding out his greedy hand.  Rolling his eyes Clous pulled out a second bag then before and handed it over.  Yina knew that it easily contained more then most people would make in a several months worth of hard work.  Not that she was complaining about how expensive it was to get her out of the country.  

A few minutes passed as he made sure the right amount was in the bag.  "Very well, this way."  Another series of curving halls and they found themselves in one of the alleyways.  A wagon was resting up against the open door full of produce and two large boxes.  "These will be your home for the next few hours."  He motioned to the boxes.  

Climbing into the wagon Tyn and Yina stared down into the boxes, the resembled coffins more so then shipment boxes.  "Well that sure looks comfortable."  Yina stated sarcastically as she slid into the box having to wedge herself in, the fit was tight but not overly terrible.  

Liat reassured them, after Clous took Vabur aside, that he would be with them every step of the way.  It helped a little, but if they were caught it would be all over.  A dozen or more dragon bound would be guarding the gates into the city and the nation.  Even if she could control her powers they would have little to no chance.  

Reaching within she felt that a small amount of her magic had replenished itself, but it was still considerably low.  It was nice to have some, just in case.  Giving Tyn one last reassuring hug they ducked inside and watched as the lid was placed on it.  To Yina's relieve no nails were put through it, being completely trapped would have probably freaked her out to much.  

It did not take long before she heard Clous and Liat say goodbye to Vabur and shifting of the wagon began.  Merchants paid men to move wagons inside of Ardasha, horses were not allowed to do so.  A separate tunnel would let horses be taken through the city and each side of the city had a series of stables to keep said horses.  

The lack of proper ventilation meant horse droppings would make living in the city much worse then it already was.  A rhythm from the movement of the wagon quickly helped Yina calm her nerves.  "I miss you Nyssa."  Yina sent to her dragon, unsure if the range was to far or not.  

"We should be together again soon."  Nyssa sent back, to Yina's shock.  She probably shouldn't be shocked, Clous had stated that Liat would send a message to Isper on when they were through.  That alone was evidence that the link could travel that far.  

"I had a burst of my magic earlier.  I still cannot control it."  Yina confided into her dragon.  

"It was quite powerful, I felt it through the bond.  If it was not for the two oafs next to me I would have come to your aid."  

"Yeah, probably a good thing they stopped you.  Everything worked out fine, we are in the final stages now."  

"Good luck, if you run into trouble call and I will make sure we go down in a blaze of lightning." Nyssa sent with passion.

"Thanks."  Yina whispered as well as sent to her dragon.  Knowing that if anything should happen her dragon would come help made a huge difference.  

A eternity passed as the air in the box became stale making it harder for her to breath then she liked.  Some of the cracks in hard to see areas were larger to let more air in but it was still stifling.  Yina wanted to ask Tyn how he was doing but she knew better, any attention she might draw to themselves was bad.  

Finally the wagon came to a stop, the shift in motion caused produce to roll around, not to mention her head to hit the edge of the box.  She growled instinctively before mentally cursing herself, hoping no one heard it outside of the wagon.