Chapter 28: Finale

Scanning the sky one last time Riller clenched his jaws and  snapped his whips out wrapping them around the obsidian swords in the strangers hands.  Almost as soon as the vines wrapped around the swords they started to turn brown.  With a quick pull of the blades the vines shattered into nothing where they had been touching the black sword.  

"There is a reason I left that over there."  The man stated pointing to his poleaxe stabbed directly into the ground where he had landed.  "Astir go protect the violet dragon."  The man sent to his dragon.  

Acknowledging the command the red and black dragon landed gently in front of the semiconscious dragon.  Nyssa's nostrils flared a few times before she lightly sent out a mental message.  "Your blood smells strange."  Moments later the young dragon lost consciousness.  

Snaps of vines brought the man back into the fight as he struck out with the blades equally as fast slashing them before they could hit him.  Each slash of the blade he made a step towards Riller always resetting back into his stance. 

Gritting his teeth the raptor glanced again to the sky before a second vine appeared in each hand.  The increase of vines put a stop on the strangers approach causing him to have to dodge some of the strikes instead of cutting them out of the sky.  

"Boy, go help Yina."  The stranger stated as he sidestepped two vines bringing a sword down to cut both of them in half.  If he could keep the raptor having to regrow them the man might run out of magic in a short time.  

Tyn nodded and started to scurry away, heading for the only weapon he knew was around, the poleaxe.  Sliding to a stop he wiped some of the mist that was still falling from his eyes and gripped the shaft of the weapon yanking it off the ground.  It was far heavier then he had expected, the giant ax blade at the end causing the weapon to dip low.  

Another glance up towards the sky caused the stranger to speak.  "What do you keep looking for?  The other raptor?"  His smile shifted into a smirk seeing a reaction in Riller's face giving him immediately away.  

"Why would I tell you anything scum."  Riller hissed spitting after he spoke the word scum and continued his flurry of whips racing towards the stranger.  The snaps from the whips were almost in rhythm with the metallic noises from Yina and Raen's blades striking.  

Taking several quick steps froward the stranger severed the vines spinning quickly to cause the next series to meet dead air.  "You are looking for the woman who has a silver dragon?"  The stranger asked dancing again out of the reach of the vines.  

Opening his mouth to answer, Riller was quickly interrupted by the stranger.  "Sorry, I misspoke,  the woman who had a silver dragon."  The smirk turning sinister.

Riller reacted just as the stranger had opened, clear rage plastered across his face.  "What did you do to Athel's dragon."  He roared several more vines appearing striking with increased speed.  The stranger had no issues dodging or slashing them out of the air, the rage had caused a lack of accuracy.  

"It is obvious, the dragon is dead.  Athel, as you call her is in a cave back that way with a broken leg.  I might have shattered it, not sure."  The stranger stated pointing with one of the black swords towards the cave the others had used as a shelter.  

"NOOOO"  Roared Riller as his body began to shake.  The stranger was happy with this, the more upset the opponent became the more mistakes they would make.  Charging towards the man the stranger was intent to end this fight as he deflected or slashed vine after vine.  "You will pay."  Riller stated with a eerie calm to his voice.  

Sliding to a stop, the stranger became cautious.  Vines ripped from the ground and stabbed straight into Riller's legs coiling up and around the inside of the legs.  A dozen of these vines followed, ripping their way through his body.