Chapter 41: Hydra

Yina could not really look around to much, Adar was almost running with how fast the man was walking towards the registration office.  All the woman could do was roll her eyes at him and pick up her dress so that she did not trip over the stupid things.  She hated it but, the man made enough logical sense to listen to him.  

Today she was wearing a long dress that was dark blue, not quite as tight in the waist as it should be, she was not going to wear a bodice.  Regardless it made her figure look flattering as the bottom of the dress was pushed out just a bit to create a small bell shape out of it.  Flower patterns were embroidered down it in a white thread to make it stand out greatly.  

In no time the trio appeared at the door and pushed their way inside.  It was fancier then the one they had been in Bredan.  Lots of workers moved about doing who knew what, a few booths that they could register at were spaced apart to keep the groups separated.  All of them had at least a dozen people waiting to get their chance.  

With how fast they had been moving and the captivation of the floating city, Yina had not realized just how many ships had been docked in the same area that they were in.  The collection of people was varied, but it seemed that even the booths were divided based on social standing.  One of them the people wore sailor clothes or very run down clothing.  The middle one was well hit or miss on how well they people were dressed, the last one though was clearly those of wealthy individuals with fine garments on.  

Naturally Adar moved towards the line for the rich and they followed after him.  "Naturally, let me do the talking."  Adar stated as he pulled out what seemed to be several envelopes from a inside pocket looked at them briefly before slipping them back into his pocket.  

Rolling her eyes she accidently elbowed the man in the ribs, a happy smirk coming across her face as he grunted a bit in pain.  Looking about she did not really see anyone who had noticed it, but she did not really care if they had.  Over her shoulder, it was clear as day that Tyn was very uncomfortable as sweat seemed to be dripping down his face.  "It will be fine, calm down."  She whispered reaching back and squeezing his hand.  

The wait actually was not long, watching the other lines though, each person was there far longer then in her line.  Yina figured that the people working in the wealthy line were fast and to the point, or they just did not fight as much with having proper documents.  People filed in behind them as well, it seemed like there was always a constant flux of people entering to register.  

Adar smirked maliciously as he walked up to the desk and saw who was behind it.  "O this will be fun."  He whispered to himself as he stepped up to the desk.  "What supervisor is on duty?"  He quickly blurted out immediately cutting out the words that the young worker was about to say. 

"I am sorry... sir?"  He stated in a very confused look even taking a single step back unsure what to do.  "I need you to kindly show your papers."  The register stated as he stepped back up to the desk forcing calm to go back over his body.  

The evil look in Adar's eyes seemed to only grow more wicked as he let the man speak his mind.  "You do no understand me boy."  He stated very firmly as he placed a coin that Yina had not seen on the table it was silver, with the face of hydra on it.  Each eye of the hydra had a different colored tiny gem in its place.  Yina recognized that as the crest of her grandparents.  

Raising her eyebrow she just folded her arms and looked agitated hoping that would be the proper way for a young noble to look having to wait like she was being forced to do.  As soon as the man saw the coin his face went almost white, if she had to guess it looked like he just saw his own death in front of him.  

"I..I... I... am so so sorry."  The man bowed deeply enough that his head actually hit the desk and a small squeak left his mouth.  "I did not..."